List of Community Suggestions

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Khaosius, Feb 28, 2016.

1. Khaosius

Khaosius Cosmic Narwhal

Sorry I was gone for a couple of days. I've updated the list. :D

@SarahKik That is on there. Shipping Inventory. :p
    @Regal Kain That's a good idea! I'll add it.
    @Sertith A notepad idea is already suggested.
    @crazygreggy There's already a hired hands suggestion.
    @TwilightVulpine I agree, it could be more often. Or they could say what they would prefer.
    @SirNuggetII Aww, thanks mate.
    @Kittenykat It's mostly to enable people who can't play the whole day through. If people want to save scam, they will one way or another.
    @Xaveran Yeah, the dialogue needs to be reworked. It's mentioned multiple times throughout the list. :p

I appreciate all your comments guys.

• Kit Ballard

Kit Ballard Tentacle Wrangler

Got reminded of another concern that I've noticed on my Year 1:

Bad weather: Bring in bad weather like Tornadoes/Hurricanes-Typhoons. But instead of being locked inside, you're able to go out in the weather. Your speed will be slightly slower (or faster if the wind's blowing in the walking direction). Don't have it on year 1 though. Also have weather reports talk about an "up coming typhoon/hurricane" a few days/a week ahead, instead of HM's single day warning.

Illnesses - Think it was listed but I can't recall. Gain illnesses for being out in rainy weather too much, or catch a cold in winter. Would give me an excuse to use the Dr, as I've never really visit the office for anything. Can give a warning the day before of "I'm starting to not feel well" to get it treated earlier

Xaveran and shadowshearth like this.
      • SarahKik

SarahKik Pangalactic Porcupine

I looked through the list twice and somehow missed it both times xD D'oh! Thank you! :D

• Khaosius

Khaosius Cosmic Narwhal

• Kittenykat

Kittenykat Big Damn Hero

I'll agree that there should be a way to save mid-day, so long as it's not mandatorily enforced when you quit, in case people want to restart the day instead of saving it. So it'd probably be best implemented by adding maybe a plaque or crest you can interact with on your farm/in your house, that lets you choose to save without going to bed.

• Khaosius

Khaosius Cosmic Narwhal

Or a diary. :p

• TheLoreSeeker

TheLoreSeeker Phantasmal Quasar

The fact that there are no cucumbers and yet there is vegitable pickling is....crazy.

That means I can pickle other things.... but not PICKLES!!!

Also a note on Gameplay #55.
              I believe 10 hearts halts the heart decay.

• Kittenykat

Kittenykat Big Damn Hero

Bah, diary is cliche. xD
                Ohmygod I know, right? This drives me nuts! D:

• LiquidMetal91

LiquidMetal91 Void-Bound Voyager

Gameplay #60 Mushrooms, the fact is that the mushrooms you pick up in the Secret Forest or in the Mine do have Silver and Gold ranks, only the one that you get in your "cave" don't..

Balancing #16 This, is, COPPER. There is a trick for this, just take the ore one by one out of the chest by means of right clicking. This counts for the quests, though it might be a bug :p

Cucumbers aren't pickles m8, Cucumis sativus are both a cucumber and a pickle, yes, but they are different race of the same plant

Last edited: Mar 8, 2016
                  • Ymedron

Ymedron Ketchup Robot

One thing I'd love is a decorative short grass tile, so you could have happygreens in your field areas too. (esp. if you could put stuff on top of it, like trees and fences and like that.)

Kittenykat likes this.
                    • Cider

Cider Ketchup Robot

How about beehives working in a greenhouse? I know, I know, that can be easily to break by just planting the best flowers but it kinda makes sense.

Also a new NPC like a miner or something that can be talked to to hire a land removal crew to expand the farm western-ward since that's all unused area, maybe even the option to build a lake that can be populated with fish through a fish hatchery at first but can be expanded into a fishery. As well as creating new land to fill with buildings or farm-land.

I posted this idea in another thread but I think it would fit here better, it was in reply to an idea where NPCs will send you a letter when hearts start deteriorating to say "Hey what's up? everything ok? A random event where friends just invite you to hang out by sending a letter. Sam invites you to the bar at x time, Sebastian invites you to play a board game at x time, Leah asks to paint a portrait or go on a picnic at x date, Willy takes you out on a boat at x time, someone invites you to a group activity at x time and date, etc etc. Stuff like that, make it feel like you're actually hanging out with your friends and another way to just pass time.

• TheLoreSeeker

Wait....what?
                        But Pickles ARE pickled cucumbers.

• Kit Ballard

Eh, got curious so I pulled a wiki. Here's what it said:
                          There's more to the article, but that's the gist of the topic.

edit:
                          and then I learned this wierd tidbit:
                          ...wtf?

• TheLoreSeeker

Koolickles are a crime against nature.

Kit Ballard likes this.
                            • Crimson Raven

Crimson Raven Space Hobo

As much as I like the game, there are just a few things I miss from previous Harvest Moon like games but I will start just with one suggestion;

tailor shop; to make your own clothes to wear and to sell them, and of course the fabrics; cotton and flax as example that we could plant at our farm

• Kit Ballard

[​IMG]

In non-meme speak: Make trees poop less saplings. I barely can move around the left half of my property (from Greenhouse to Granpappy's grave) without getting blocked by a bloody sapling. It's like the whole area is covered in some sort of tree!

• Slick-Elbows-Moi

Slick-Elbows-Moi Void-Bound Voyager

Just going to say, thank you for making the list. It has a very ambitious goal, which I admire. However, I want to address a point that came up recently in the Expandable Fridge Space. Khaosian entered this thread and posted a link to the List, saying "Already in the community list. Please search." (post #4). Which stepped on a bunch of toes and got a few community members indignant. They felt that Khaosius was trying to shut-down the discussion of a popular idea by referring to the ideas mega-thread.

Khaosius replied, apologized, and restated the goal of the Community List:

"(...)The purpose of the [List of Community Suggestions] is to keep all the suggestions in one neat list. Not to mention threads like this have been suggested multiple times, and will get lost in the obscurity of the forums. It's easy to open up the list, do a couple of quick searches, I.e. fridge, space, expanded etc and see if your suggestion is already on there. If it is, you can post in the thread about your thoughts on it."

User Fabianelf countered (post #7), saying that "I think it's nice that you made a community list to help organize all suggestions but it has indeed turned into a long long list that doesn't show which ones are most requested and which are request by one or two individuals." I agree with Fabainelf. When I look at the List I see a large collection of uncited ideas. I would never know that is was drawn from a community because there are no references to unique threads or users. Without citing or linking to the original forum post/thread, the list gains a dictatorial "word of God" tone. Furthermore, one thread is a poor substitute for the specialized posts in a forum-- Chucklefish's forum system cannot handle one thread containing all the discussion on the game.

The Stardew community is fresh and new. There's going to be a huge number of repeat subjects popping up as new members join and talk about what bothers them. If Khaosius acknowledges these opinions by directly citing, linking or summarizing these ideas, there may be less indignation and we'll be able to discuss the suggestions better. As it stands, the Community List is very shallow and not useful to me as a reference tool.

TL;DR: this is why your teachers harp on and on and on about citations your sources.

• pronkyou2

pronkyou2 Void-Bound Voyager

The thing is, if there's a solution to the overgrowth (build paths, trees don't grow on them) then it's simply one of the intended challenges. When you have over 3k wood and 1k stone to throw at paths in year 2, you find that all that struggle against nature was worth it. But honestly, all these suggestions should have their own thread so that this one can focus on being a suggestions list where we post links to said new suggestion threads if we want more exposure, like this thread I made a little while ago about a specific way that fishing can be updated. After catching every fish in the game, I lost interest in the giant-laser-pointer simulator.

• Khaosius

Khaosius Cosmic Narwhal

If you prefer, we can open up 200+ threads, each with a vote, and attempt to get them all stickied. In lieu of that, I'm open to suggestions on how to gauge popularity. A lot of people don't actually post what they agree or disagree with, they just view. I've annotated on multiple suggestions which are highly requested. Furthermore, I'd estimate probably about half of those suggestions are 'original', or modified. I've already mentioned that some of the ideas are outright copied from other posts. Additionally, in an attempt to keep the forums cleaner, I've already directed users to the large threads about topics such as death, fishing, and saving, and didn't generally get a positive response.

• TheLoreSeeker

The most diligent jobs are often the most thankless ones.

Upkeeping this list of suggestions is a good thing... but they will get upset if they feel like you are stifling their need to have a discussion.