List of Community Suggestions

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Khaosius, Feb 28, 2016.

1. Kit Ballard

Kit Ballard Tentacle Wrangler

You mean this?
    upload_2016-3-5_16-18-40.png

• theSunStar

theSunStar Space Hobo

Well done @Khaosius great list :) thanks

• Khaosius

Khaosius Cosmic Narwhal

That is an outstanding point. However, I feel like the same objective can easily be accomplished by the t2 sprinkler, and still be useful elsewhere.

Sort of, but more in depth. As varied a this game is, I feel there are potentially hundreds of achievements that we could go about getting.

@theSunStar Thanks kindly friend. :D

• TwilightVulpine

TwilightVulpine Void-Bound Voyager

You know, the idea of reading other people's diaries seem like a great way to lose affection if you are caught.

It would be nice if you could just ask people where others are, or what do they like.

• Khaosius

Khaosius Cosmic Narwhal

Ooh, that's a good idea, to lose affection. As for asking people, I disagree as it remove a lot of subtly.

• TwilightVulpine

Gifting stuff randomly until you get it right is even less subtle than that. Realistically, if you ask a mutual acquaintance about where someone is or what do they like, there is a decent chance they might know it. Robin would know Maru's and Sebastian's habits pretty well, since they are related. It also becomes more of something the player can go after rather than waiting for random opportunities, without breaching their trust to learn it. The only problem is that right now you can't actively ask things to villagers.

But like I said in the other topic, the birthday week would be a good time for villagers to randomly reveal their friends' interests as they look for gifts. If you want it to be less obvious, it's just a matter of them not telling who are they going to gift, saying they are "looking for X to give to a friend", so you would have to figure out which of their friends and family is the one who likes that thing.

Slick-Elbows-Moi likes this.
              • Ghostly Fox

Ghostly Fox Heliosphere

Don't characters randomly tell you what their (at the least) family members like? I spoke to Shane at... Five hearts? Four? And he noted that if I was looking for something to get Marnie, diamonds were a good choice. Something like "you can't go wrong with diamond." (Which, yipes. Thanks for the info Shane, but that's not exactly something I want to give away at the drop of a hat..... Well unless it would get you to agree to date me.)

• TwilightVulpine

If they do, it's still pretty rare. It never happened to me in-game. And if it's heart-related it creates an odd catch-22.

• crazygreggy

crazygreggy Phantasmal Quasar

As I begin to create a more complex farm, I'm discovering that I can't manage it alone and still go fishing, foraging and mining for materials. So, I thinks to meself, why not implement an Apprentice scheme. Some of the younger townfolk could be hired to handle specific tasks like looking after the poultry or cows or whatever, harvesting produce. Of course , the owner will still need to interact with the live stock but the basic component of care could be by a junior. Any thoughts?

• Kit Ballard

Kit Ballard Tentacle Wrangler

Actually there's prob quite a few there. They get added when you find a new one. Like, Goofing around with my cheated char, there's Achieves for 1mG and 10mG, yet they arn't listed yet for my legit char. Also a few others showed up that I didn't know was there. I kinda like it, specially when most of them are almost part of gameplay anyways.

edit: Yeah. Just double checked. The 3rd star on the top (the blank one) is "250k G" while the one after is "Complete the Museum". My cheated one shows like this:
                      upload_2016-3-6_0-22-21.png
                      Note: Pretty funny that I missed the 15k G one, but got the 1m one lol Yay for SMAPI antics.

I've started seeing it too. Most of the people I just talk too (or ran a job for) have started to lightly hint at likes and dislikes or other people. Mostly around 3 hearts when I started to notice this.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2016
                      • Sertith

Sertith Void-Bound Voyager

On the diary subject, I don't like the idea of reading someone's diary, but I do think you should be able to keep your own diary. Learn something? Put it in there. I'd really love it if you could manually write in it, to. I often keep am IRL notebook for games, and it'd be way better if I had a farmers almanac kind of diary I kept on my person.

My main request, though, is some kind of build mode. It's frustrating to not be able to rotate buildings, or move them if you decide you put them in a spot you don't like. :/

crazygreggy likes this.
                        • Sonomakid

Sonomakid Void-Bound Voyager

This seems like a solid compilation. The save anytime feature would be excellent. I don't always have time to play through an entire day and would like to be able to exit anytime, not just when I've finished my chores. Also, a person tracking feature. Some way to not waste an entire day looking for a single person.

• Regal Kain

Regal Kain Space Kumquat

First off I am on my phone. So sorry if there are typos. That said I'd like to first say that I do get use out if T1 sprinklers. I place them and use beehives orfill them in with kegs and stuff I will post a screenie when I am home.

The second thing is a gold sink I am nearly done with year 2 and have around 1mil to spend and nothing to spend it on. Except the statue. Maybe make some of these features costly? Changing your skills is 1-5k for each category? How about paying 250k at each shrine to enable at-will warping instead of using totems. Oh another secret shop that sells stuff like iridium bars for 10-15k a piece or something.

• TwilightVulpine

Lewis just mentioned how he likes blueberries for me. So it does happen, it's just kind of rare.

• SarahKik

SarahKik Pangalactic Porcupine

I've read through the list and I don't think this was mentioned (sorry if this was), but I'd love to be able to see what I've put in the shipping bin and be able to take items out. There's been quite a few instances I accidentally put in something I wanted to keep for bundles or gifts but couldn't grab them because they weren't the last item I put in! Unless this is already something that can be done and I'm completely missing it.

Slick-Elbows-Moi likes this.
                                • Rejgnar

Rejgnar Starship Captain

can this thread be pinned pls?

• SirNuggetII

SirNuggetII Aquatic Astronaut

I really hope this gets noticed by concerned ape @Khaosius did a really good job at compiling what (in my opinion) are the most important and game improving developments possible for this game. I love this game and it makes me happy others want this game to be as good as i want it to be.

• Micboydoodle

Micboydoodle Aquatic Astronaut

Some amazing ideas.

• Kittenykat

Kittenykat Big Damn Hero

It breaks my heart to see people trying to force that on others. This is a game. It's not reality. We should not be deriding others for wanting to load or have a do-over. "Save-scumming" is not a dirty word. Please don't make it one.

ConcernedApe, please do not implement this as a mandatory 'feature'. Optional mid-day saving, maybe. But not mandatory save-on-quit. (Besides, people would just get around it by killing the process directly instead, which could lead to a whole new 'fun' category of tech support issues you'll have to respond to.)

• Xaveran

Xaveran Void-Bound Voyager

A lot of the things i was planning on posted seem to be covered here however i have a lot of suggestions in terms of the social aspect of the game. Along the same kin of having after event conversations and things like that it would be seriously really nice if the characters changed their tone and dialogue after you initiate a relationship. So far there is no difference between the two and it is a little irking to me because it is like this is the majority of games like this. It would also be nice if they retained their personality after marriage. Like i would love to see Leah actually create things occasionally and maybe sell her art or do something like that. Give them unique qualities that help you out but also breathe life into them as characters beyond just helping around the farm and sweet talking you. It would be even better if the people in town actually would ask you how your wife is doing etc as well instead of ignoring that ever happened like some of them were not her/his friend beforehand. This is a more complex social system but i really feel like it would be a whole different level of depth to the world. I do think another major thing for me personally is that the dog/cat should have more interactivity... i went the entire first year not giving my dog water (terrible person i know) because i frankly did not even notice the water bowl and i had no penalty for that. They could add something to the game rather than a personal aesthetic choice. I would also love to see a different version of grass implemented for sure. One that is similar to the grass throughout town because i have had debris spawn on my paths and even items that destroy them and i can not recover them. That in itself might be a bug but i am uncertain. I can say things like not being able to save do not really bother me too much because it does add more to the game in terms of how important decisions are. A BIG FEATURE i wish was in here, that is very simple in terms of what it is, is the ability to exit to main menu instead of desktop. I do not like switching my saves by exiting the game entirely then coming back to it. Then there are things like the Bath house.. i feel like it is just kind of there. I understand its purpose but aside from certain scenes and Alex.. it seems kind of barren and unused. I love this game and i definitely respect the hard work CA has put into it. It is quickly becoming one of my favorites. Regardless i thank him for this game but these are just things i would love to see if at all possible. This game has a lot of potential through him and even through mods. I prefer through him but Mods can certainly help here as well with whatever he can not find the time to work on.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2016