List of Announced Game Information (Retired due to release)

Discussion in 'Starbound FAQs, Q&A, and General Help' started by Blue, Feb 24, 2012.

1. Gandalf

Gandalf Scruffy Nerf-Herder

May this thread's journey to the Grey Havens be peaceful.

2. Axe Garian

Axe Garian Oxygen Tank

Suggestion: Update the Multiplayer Info Section of the FAQ with the Port Number to Port Forward to for Starbound Servering. :)

(My apologies if this has already been addressed... I am Posting in this Thread for the first time in Months.)

WoxandWarf likes this.
  3. Alpha_Squad

Alpha_Squad Cosmic Narwhal

Still valuable for the thread's title sake, people have seem to have forgotten what good still lies here.

4. Jardi-Gol

Jardi-Gol Big Damn Hero

I know it's an off topic post but, people are all talking about all the thinks we loose when an update is made. For example, me that I'm the guy who updates the server, I need to know exactly what files to add on the game folder to not loose the Universe, the stuff made, etc.

How can we check that, to be prepared for a new update with new stuff?
    Thanks in advance.

Starbound Server IP: 81.19.211.130:21035

5. Admiral Obvious

Admiral Obvious Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

There is no real way to avoid the deletion of stuff. If the devs decide to update something which essentially breaks the "old core" (makes stuff incompatible with the newer version) in the process, then the data, even saved, will still be unusable, due to the fact that there is no way to "bring it up to par". If it happens, which it probably will at one point or another, whatever you wanted to hold onto will probably be gone.

Axe Garian and WoxandWarf like this.
  6. Jardi-Gol

Jardi-Gol Big Damn Hero

I see. And for the ones that have a dedicated, how can we know the files to replace at the server, since the dedicated is not a Client playing?
    Thanks for answering.

Axe Garian likes this.
  7. rhomboid

rhomboid 0118 999 881 99 9119 725... 3

Remember that necroing threads is only ok when it contributes to the discussion -- if someone breaks the rule, just report them.

8. redhed

redhed Space Hobo

did this thread die?

9. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

Yes, until you necro'd it. It's nearly two years out of date, too.