List of Announced Game Information (Retired due to release)

Discussion in 'Starbound FAQs, Q&A, and General Help' started by Blue, Feb 24, 2012.

1. Sinvoid

Sinvoid Phantasmal Quasar

There is going to be plant growth i believe i recently saw a video on that but i could be wrong.

2. If you can even have your own Far, that's more than likely! And also very possible you be able to Plant Trees, etc.. And watch them grow, me likes :alien:

3. Silverduke1

Silverduke1 Giant Laser Beams

i ment i didnt see it on the page ive seen plant growth though my question about fishing still stands

4. Oh I suggested fishing to be a Stretch Goal instead of Vanity Pets, they gone with Vanity Pets.

Still, it's confirmed Tiy will look into Fishing After Launch! (the plant grow were confirmed in Reddit);)

5. Silverduke1

Silverduke1 Giant Laser Beams

ok so it wont be out for initial release got it

Bacon likes this.
  6. MrBluu

MrBluu Void-Bound Voyager

Real nice job on the list Blue! Great info for those who seek it or just needs a reason to buy the game which reminds me, Ive got to go find my friend and force him to buy this game. :rainbow:

7. Boese

Boese Tentacle Wrangler

With the spacestation removed, I hope the research station is still a thing, even though that's crossed out on the list. Also, does anyone know if teleportation is the only way down to a planet and back, or are there less advanced options, like drop pods, shuttles or landing craft.

8. It was suggested but all the Info we have till the moment do not refer to anything more than teleportation from SHIP > Planet Surface. :sarcasm:

9. ZXCV4523

ZXCV4523 Big Damn Hero

Well i have started a video series on this thread were i go through each of the tabs and share my understanding on what i think about them well that is the plan aleast i have done 5 videos will try to do on a daily basis. feel free to check it out and thanks for your time if you did

Thread were i post my videos
    http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?threads/pre-order-or-not-to-pre-order.18459/

My Channel
    http://www.youtube.com/user/RecordedIgnorance

If you guys feel like i am pushing this too much i will remove this post

10. Rounin

Rounin Master Chief

This is a wealth of info, Nice Job Blue!

ZXCV4523 likes this.
  11. lancelust

lancelust Seal Broken

Great post!!!!

ZXCV4523 likes this.
  12. pigsarehairy

pigsarehairy Void-Bound Voyager

coool just CUT HOLES in my pockets PLZ:up:PLZZERZ PLZ

13. Ethenyl

Ethenyl Astral Cartographer

WoW ! That's some really nice information gathering job, thanks a lot Blue !

Removing the Space Station is a let down but I hope they'll re-schedule it real soon ;)

14. Yesterday in Bart Stream I saw that he wanted to add Abandoned SpaceShips / Space Stations, as Explorable Dungeons in-game. :lolwut:
    He passed the idea to the team, it's possible we have the 4th goal!

15. ZXCV4523

ZXCV4523 Big Damn Hero

oo really damn that would be cool lets hope thats the case :D once again bacon saves the day :D :D :D

16. Ethenyl

Ethenyl Astral Cartographer

Howly shout ! Then I know where I'm going to throw my money !

Thanks for the heads up on that :)

chek497, ZXCV4523 and Bacon like this.
  17. Boopitybop

Boopitybop Big Damn Hero

I hope someone can ask them to give more information on combat. Are there hit boxes in Starbound? Like shot placement, if I hit someone in the head does it do more damage? Just wondering because with shields will the player basically be certain to block attacks when they are blocking or if I aim at their head it will go over the shield? Is there cover/prone/crouch? (I know there is crouch).

Also Energy is used for all combat roles, guns or any ranged weapon (there is no ammo), energy is also used for melee and shields. So whoever has more energy provides the bigger punch and its easier to win? Since we dont know if there are hit boxes then well we dont know how much skill really matters in game.

Can someone find this out? :pwease:

18. Hukasu

Hukasu Cosmic Narwhal

Blue, from what i know, you can only enter another persons ship if you invite him/her, so it can be assumed that the player ship is a safe place

19. Just 'cause you need invitation doesn't necessarily mean it's a safe haven!
    But I get what you mean.

20. Blue there is some Likely Dropped INFO.

When I saw the Bart Stream Yesterday, he said it would like to have some objects in game as Space Ships or Space stations that can be explorable as dungeons... As a new Stretch Goal.

That makes me think they are not planing in add that to the game, at least to launch. :sarcasm:

ErekoseDM likes this.