1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Liquid Rendering Mod?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Tacohobbit, Dec 1, 2016.

1. Tacohobbit

Tacohobbit Void-Bound Voyager

Hey everyone, I was wondering if there was a mod allowing for liquids to render even if you aren't nearby. As you might have witnessed, liquids are only rendered if they are within a certain distance from the player.

I have plans to make a liquid powered "reactor" that takes in fuel and slowly expels lava. Once the lava has been depleted, anything the reactor was powering will shut down. However, if I'm halfway across the planet working on something, the reactor won't be rendered, and will continue to remain unrendered until I return.

This problem could be fixed by either:
    1) A mod that removed the limitation on liquid rendering entirely (not smart)
    2) A mod that allows for the user to specify regions in which to always render liquids (more efficient)

I've looked around a lot, but haven't seen anything. Anyone know of any mods I may have missed, or different solutions? Thanks in advance for any help!

2. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Moved to Starbound Discussion.

Regards
    Iris Blanche

3. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

What you need is a chunk-loader.

4. Tacohobbit

Tacohobbit Void-Bound Voyager

Wow, that's a VERY useful trick to know! Never would have guessed. Thank you for the help!