1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Linux Windows bug

Discussion in 'Mac / Linux Bug Reports' started by hinthel, May 6, 2017.

1. hinthel

hinthel Space Hobo

Not sure if this belongs in the Linux thread:
    I was testing Ubuntu Mate 17 on one PC and I tried playing Star Dew with a new game. It ran fine although I noticed the skip dialog button changed to a symbol instead of text.
    The next day the Windows users were telling me the game starts windowed but in full screen mode. There is a 1920 x 1080 box were you can see some of the game and the rest is desktop. Also the skip button stayed the same as the Linux skip button. If you exit to title, the screen starts flickering but is responsive. When I unplugged the HDMI cable it stops and it gave me an error box (attached).
    The only way so far to fix it is to run the Linux save game in windowed mode, exit to title and the game runs normally. Or set Windows to 1080.
    I plan on removing the the save, but so far it is the only thing able to fix the full screen issue. I am sure a reinstall will fix it, but there will be no OS swapping in the near future.

Attached Files:

• bug.png
        bug.png
        File size:
        18.9 KB
        Views:
    • MysticTempest

MysticTempest Spaceman Spiff

Ah yea, this isn't a Linux issue. The skip dialog button was indeed updated for v1.2. The saves are platform agnostic. They do however save your graphical preferences in the save; resolution/fullscreen/windowed, etc.

Currently, all the latest graphical bugs in v1.2 are only being experienced by Windows users. At least, as far as I can tell. I'm playing on Linux too, and haven't experienced any of the reported issues by Windows users so far. So, Windows is likely having issues with your save just because of the recent fullscreen/ and 1/4 screen bugs.

Also, for that Windows bug specifically. Make sure all your graphics drivers, directx, etc is up to date. People sometimes get that if the system is trying to use an unsupported integrated graphics card, vs a more powerful dedicated card.