Modding Help Linux ubuntu 16.04 LTS

Discussion in 'Mods' started by CRPT, Dec 21, 2016.

1. CRPT

CRPT Space Hobo

So I'm having issues trying to set up SMAPI using the guide on Can I Mod (http://canimod.com/guides/using-mods#installing-smapi.) I've gone through most of these steps but I can't seem to get through the terminal properly to install SMAPI. This is what I get when I do the specified command on the website.

~/Desktop/SMAPI 1.4$ mono install.exe

Unhandled Exception:
    System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Core, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' or one of its dependencies.
    File name: 'System.Core, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089'
    at StardewModdingApi.Installer.Program.Main (System.String[] args) <0x41c8dd50 + 0x0003f> in <filename unknown>:0
    [ERROR] FATAL UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Core, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' or one of its dependencies.
    File name: 'System.Core, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089'
    at StardewModdingApi.Installer.Program.Main (System.String[] args) <0x41c8dd50 + 0x0003f> in <filename unknown>:0

There is also a manual way to install SMAPI but it doesn't make sense to me with the files having to extension.

• NatsumeAshikaga

NatsumeAshikaga Void-Bound Voyager

I had this issue too, it's because SMAPI relies heavily on Microsoft's .NET 4+ infrastructure. There's an open source variant called mono, which you're going to need to install, because SMAPI requires it on Linux distros. Simply follow the instructions found here: http://www.mono-project.com/docs/getting-started/install/linux/

• MysticTempest

MysticTempest Spaceman Spiff

It mentions a missing dependency in the error. You might be using mono-runtime, and missing a few things. You can try grabbing mono-complete, and see if that works.

But, honestly it's way simpler to just do it manually. The 'files with no extension' they're talking about are the launch scripts.

All you gotta do is this.
        From the SMAPI folder you extracted; copy all the files in the Mono directory to your Stardew game folder.
        (Adjust path as needed.)

~/Downloads/SMAPI 1.4$ cp -r Mono/* /path/to/steamapps/common/Stardew\ Valley/.

Then from your game folder(or you can stay in the previous directory, and type out the path.) Rename the files. Start with 'StardewValley', since you're replacing it.

/path/to/steamapps/common/Stardew Valley$ mv StardewValley StardewValley-original
        /path/to/steamapps/common/Stardew Valley$ mv StardewModdingAPI StardewValley

You can then launch SMAPI with:

/path/to/steamapps/common/Stardew Valley$ ./StardewValley