REQUEST LINUS. Linus. Linus?

Discussion in 'Mods' started by kamisamu, Jul 5, 2016.

1. kamisamu

kamisamu Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Some sort of story mod which makes him a part of the community more... I really wish this was an option. I hate talking to him at events because he's always far away from everyone :( I want to give him some help or let him work on my farm OR IDK JUST GIVE HIM GENERAL HOUSING
    This is more of a dream than a request tbh, because I can only imagine it's way out of line for our modding capabilities. Nevertheless, brainstorm what could be.

• Crystalmir

Crystalmir Subatomic Cosmonaut

I don't think he's homeless. He keeps saying in conversations that it is a choice he made. To me it seemed like he decided to live in the wilderness. And considering the extra fishes he send you he seems to make a decent living.

• MoonlitBrenya

MoonlitBrenya Existential Complex

the thing with Linus is, he has chosen that way of life. I don't think that giving him a house would go along with hi story line. He lives his life the way he wants, and has said as much though his dialog. But, I do agree, give him something more, show the villagers approaching him and accepting him. There's only one scene in the whole game where anyone refers to him in a positive light, and that's at the luau, Maru comments on his cooking. Would be nice to see him eventually interact with the villagers more. I know that he's chosen to live as he does, would be cool if the villagers could accept that, and him, as he is. He's a sweet man, usually my first bff, and not just for the sashimi recipe.

IronZelly and Minakie like this.
        • Unassuming Obelisk

Unassuming Obelisk Big Damn Hero

I think you're right, a house would be wrong, but even just make him less... paranoid. At the lower heart levels, he's always worried about people smashing his tent, and he has to go into the bath house to warm up in winter. If you could even just give him a heater (you know, the one you buy at marnie's for the animals) that would be enough for me.

MoonlitBrenya and lannihamm like this.
          • Minakie

Minakie Cosmic Narwhal

If I lived in a tent with no electricity and someone gave me an electrical heater, I'd take it as a gag gift and be offended :p
            Linus doesn't need a heather, he has his super awesome fireplace :D

• lannihamm

lannihamm Pangalactic Porcupine

I wonder what would happen if you tried to place one of the coop/barn heaters from Marnie inside his tent

• Minakie

Minakie Cosmic Narwhal

Wait... are you saying the OP just secretly wants to burn Linus tent to the ground? O=)

• lannihamm

lannihamm Pangalactic Porcupine

that's such a dark jump Mina lol

I mean, there are portable camping heaters that run off of batteries o3o use the power of imagination!

Minakie likes this.
                  • MoonlitBrenya

MoonlitBrenya Existential Complex

I would like to see him more involved with the community after a while, like, I hate talking to him at festival, cause he says the saddest things, it breaks my heart. I wish they would be more accepting, too, Linus.

I <3 Garrus likes this.
                    • Satadoros

Satadoros Void-Bound Voyager

I think Linus should be something like a druide that lives in the serect woods but he cant go back to his house/cave or what ever because the way is blocked and his home wars taken over by some monsters.

• Minakie

Minakie Cosmic Narwhal

Linus lives where he lives. I don't think CA would change that, since it would also involve changing some dialogs (I know Robin for instance mentions him living behind their house). Besides, that wouldn't be fair to poor Linus, he likes to live there :p
                        With that said, maybe a new character could be added to the game to live there. Maybe a druid or a monk on a spiritual retreat :)

Mnat04 likes this.
                        • I <3 Garrus

I <3 Garrus Lucky Number 13

I love Linus! I agree that he should remain where he is due to it being his choice, but also strongly agree that as the story progresses it would be great to see him fit in a little better. He doesn't need to become some sort of star or anything... But if more folks would help him out, or he'd be able to participate in town actives more... <3

kinagshcao and MoonlitBrenya like this.
                          • Sereru

Sereru Aquatic Astronaut

Linus is so sweet! I feel terribly overprotective of the old pine-cone man. I wish he would be integrated into the town a bit more too. <3

I <3 Garrus and kinagshcao like this.