Lightning/Lightning Storm Totems

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by zidgelT, May 18, 2019.

?

Would you use a Storm Totem if it was added?

1. Yes

8 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. zidgelT

zidgelT Poptop Tamer

We have a rain totem, but it doesn't create storms, and for those of us using a lot of batteries, a way to call upon the storm to get our lightning rods going would be extremely useful. Please, game devs, make it!

WilliamZ likes this.
    • Skinflint

Skinflint Scruffy Nerf-Herder

My 2nd playthrough, it didn't thunderstorm for a year and a half once I had unlocked Lightning Rods, so I had to waste tons of money for Iridium Sprinklers from Krobus.

• One More Day

One More Day Cosmic Narwhal

A thunder totem would be nice; maybe it would use a rainbow shell, in addition to the ingredients for a regular rain totem

Yes it did. There are over a dozen dates where the weather is forced to be the same every year, including the first day of each season, the eight festival days and Summer 13 and 26, both of which are guaranteed to be stormy days.

Unless it's your first playthrough, I don't think there's really any excuse for not having Foraging 6 and ingredients for at least 25 rods by Summer 12, the day before the first of the forced storms, and from those you should probably get at least 30 batteries from those two storms alone. Also, batteries are relatively common at the travelling cart, and much cheaper than buying complete sprinklers from Krobus. They are also occasionally dropped by iridium bats in skull cavern.

• Skinflint

Skinflint Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I said once I unlocked, which wasn't until after the first Summer, then I either hadn't crafted them yet or failed to get any Battery Packs from those days, but my point was simply that I for one would have preferred a way to generate storms, so I apologize for misstating the exact cause of lacking them but still stand by the most important aspect of my statement from my perspective which was that for a year and a half I couldn't craft my own Iridium Sprinklers. I'm not trying to bash the game for that.

Stardew has no deadlines. Anyone can play how they wish, no excuses needed. Enjoy playing Stardew Valley.

• WilliamZ

WilliamZ Phantasmal Quasar

I think that instead of have another item we could have a quest that after completed, would increase the chance of thunderstorm using rain totem.
            I always purchase the sprinklers and use my iridium for something else, since 10k isn't nothing when you can afford for it.