1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated Lightdrones Continued 4.0.0a (Upbeat or Higher)

The amazing mod Lightdrones by Synit, Continued Officially!

1. JellyBlade

JellyBlade Phantasmal Quasar

JellyBlade updated Lightdrones Continued with a new update entry:

4.0.0!? 4.0.0a!? Yeah! 4.0.0a!

Read the rest of this update entry...

2. SeniorFight

SeniorFight Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Nice mod, very nice, I also did but in a "Backpack" form instead, right here: http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?resources/utility-backpacks-mod.2676/

I used a bit of your code as It was my first mod so I didn't know what to do (I also took some code from other things like lantern on a stick etc...)

My one gives protection from environment, but this makes it even buggier, but still works well.

I remember the times of Enraged Koala, where there was Lightdrones mod ... oohhh... Thankfully, some right in imagination guy like you "-continued" this mod :D

3. JellyBlade

Cool! You have to start somewhere, and messing around with other people's code is... well, that's how I got started!
    Have fun with your backpacks, let's see it go somewhere cool!

4. SeniorFight

SeniorFight Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Thank y'a :)

You can use my code for the "environment" addon (i took from skins)...

But is very buggy.

5. ManOrMonster

ManOrMonster Big Damn Hero

Well, that was anticlimactic.

I crafted the drone workshop, then went to place it on a Modern Platform (in the place shown in the screenshot) and it immediately disappeared. Now I'm out of iron so i can't quickly test again if it does it elsewhere.

[​IMG][DOUBLEPOST=1424733901][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Well, I used admin console to spawn in another one and was able to place it in that same place, so I don't know what happened the first time...

Last edited: Feb 23, 2015
  6. JellyBlade

Interesting. I'll get on my test character and try to see if I can replicate this error.
    Edit: Nope, can't seem to replicate the error, but in re-testing I realized some things i'll need to change for the next update... Although one of the problems I believe is the fault of 32-bit starbound.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2015
  7. Dardanit

Dardanit Space Hobo

Can anyone help me? Well the Mod is not working for me and i dont know why i crafted now the first Lightdrone and it follows me everywhere but it doesnt provide any light and i have no idea why (Its the Level 1 Lightdrone)
    It worked before without a Problem but now it doesnt spend any light and i have no idea why :(

8. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

9. Dardanit

Dardanit Space Hobo

Nevermind its working now

10. thakyZ

thakyZ Cosmic Narwhal

May I use your mod in my mod pack that I'll release publicly when I get all the permissions from the mod authors.

Thanks,
    thakyZ

11. JellyBlade

Yeah, you can!

12. pokr5

pokr5 Void-Bound Voyager

If you have the version of Lightdrones with shadows, can you switch from it to the regular Lightdrones or do I have to replace some stuff?

13. Plex_Director

Plex_Director Pangalactic Porcupine

I did so by simply exchangig the corresponding files in the mod folder. Upon loading up the game everything was fine and in its place.
    However ymmv, so perhaps do a backup just to be on the safe side.

14. CV88

CV88 Orbital Explorer

For some reason, I can craft the drones but I can't seem to be able to deploy them. Am I doing something wrong?

15. Plex_Director

Deploy them? What did you try to do?

The drones you craft are a back-worn accessory, like a lantern stick or a cape. Simply drag the drone icon into the appropriate slot in your inventory window and enjoy the light!
    This means that you can have the comfort of your lightdrone AND wear something else in the vanity slot!

16. CV88

CV88 Orbital Explorer

Well, that would explain my problem. I was trying to use them like an item in the quick-bar.

Thanks for the info!

17. fernworrier

fernworrier Giant Laser Beams

question what version of starbound is this for?

18. JellyBlade

Well, currently the uh, upbeat giraffe, I haven't done testing in the newest version, but I haven't received any complaints, nor did I see anything in the changelog that would break this mod, so i'm not sure if it works in the latest version or not.

19. Plex_Director

Works just fine for me in Spirited Giraffe. This is for the non-shadow version of the mod, though, as I haven't tested the other so far.

20. JellyBlade

Good to hear! The shadow version of lightdrones is essentially the same, except with a small option in the files for the drones turned on, so it should be relatively unbroken... i'll have to do some testing later.
    Also, I like your profile picture!

Plex_Director likes this.