Digital Light (Interactive Comic)

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Vurrunna, Sep 25, 2015.

1. Vurrunna

Vurrunna Giant Laser Beams

Right, Starventure, my previous attempt at a Starbound comic, has died, sadly enough. To fill the void, I shall create this story: Light.

Light's gonna be an interactive comic, where the readers can suggest (and thus determine) what happens next. For reference, check out http://www.prequeladventure.com/ .

Now for the beginning...

Light 001.png
    Ugh... It's dark.

You can't remember how you got here, really... You can hear a few sparks--maybe even see a few--and you think an alarm is going off in the distance. Or maybe that's just your ears ringing...

Agh... Your head... You reach up your hand to your forehead and feel... Well, what your forehead normally feels like.

... How does it feel again?

What Race are You?

2. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

Whaaaaaat? How did Starventure die?!

Well, never mind that, I guess. Uh... you are... a Floran!

3. Rgbunpro

Rgbunpro Cosmos Killer

My vote is for an apex, I don't think I've seen you do that just yet.

4. Kaiachi

Kaiachi Tiy's Beard

-This user has changed their vote to something much better- /announcement

Last edited: Sep 25, 2015
  5. Vurrunna

I realized it's hard to create an interesting story all on my own while also c eating a much bigger story. :p

I have drawn Apex on a few occasions, actually: Romanoff from Starventur, as well as an Apex for this big dinner picture I drew way-back-when.

Also, any race is acceptable, even modded ones or cross-species. How I'll decide is yet to be seen... As in I don't know, to be honest. Try to convince me why!

Relten likes this.
  6. Rgbunpro

Rgbunpro Cosmos Killer

I think we should have a cyborg monkey-plant person. Cause reasons.

Kaiachi likes this.
  7. Skippertomtom

Skippertomtom Phantasmal Quasar

I don't really see that well in the dark...
    Kind of a disappointing choice, but Human.

Or maybe a blind Avail?

Also, I love Prequel! :catface:

8. Jareix Cryvix

Jareix Cryvix The Waste of Time

"Ow I poked my median eye!"
    I vote for hylotl! 'Cause feeeshhīs!

9. Tatterdemalion

Tatterdemalion Phantasmal Quasar

You feel the cold, enameled lacquer of your techno-organic mask. It's always been on your face, since the day you were born... not even you know what your real face looks like. The mask is your face. You're a Phobe!

With pretty even votes across the board so far, I thought that I'd take it upon myself and be the black sheep with my favorite race suggestion in the forums. The Phobe are quasi-phantasmal remnants of a race that "killed" themselves in a planet-wide science experiment gone horribly wrong. Now they live in a ghostly form given substance by the mysterious techno-organic masks, and maintain themselves by consuming sugar. They're a Halloween-themed race, which I figured is appropriate for the time the comic will hit full swing, and they're open-ended enough to provide some good story material. There's my case. SpOoOoOoOky!

Relten, ZAYABUCKET, Vurrunna and 3 others like this.
  10. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

Can I second this vote? I considered suggesting a non-canon race, but this one is definitely a better idea!

Relten, ZAYABUCKET and Tatterdemalion like this.
  11. Rgbunpro

Rgbunpro Cosmos Killer

Actually, this looks aweosme, we should totally do this.

12. Kaiachi

Kaiachi Tiy's Beard

Yup, I'm voting for this too. Plus, I wanna know what mask Vurrunna will use for it. :rofl:

Relten, ZAYABUCKET and Tatterdemalion like this.
  13. Vurrunna

Looks like we got a winner! I'll get started tomorrow. In the mean time, what gender is this Phobe? Are there any important features we should be aware of? Y'all should feel free to elaborate as much as ye please.

Also, I think I've decided how to choose which suggestions to use: generally, I'll pick whichever gets the most likes, assuming that it's the suggestion being liked (basically, the post is a nomination,mother likes are votes; if you wish to recast a nomination/vote, feel free to quote somebody. It ought to work out once we get the jist of it). Otherwise, I may pick whichever I like most (I was headed towards Monkey-Robo-Plant before Phobe was suggested), or whichever comes first if it's a high stakes, fast paced situation (I might choose several, but they'll likely go in order).

These guidelines will be very arbitrary, so expect me to stray from them often. :p

14. Rgbunpro

Rgbunpro Cosmos Killer

Dammint, I should've stuck with monkey-robo-plant! :rofl:
    Anway whatever gender we pick should be picked carefully because they may only remain that gender for about 6 more days...

15. Vurrunna

The Great Bend of September will not come into play with this story, sadly enough.

Relten and Kaiachi like this.
  16. Rgbunpro

Rgbunpro Cosmos Killer

Cool. So Imma vote female.

ZAYABUCKET likes this.
  17. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

Okay, good. :D I'm a fan of a ram-horned mask, myself, as Tatterdemalion probably knows. Heh. Don't care much which gender, as I'm sure they'll look plenty dapper either way! I imagine they'd have trouble getting a top hat to stay on, though, with those horns.

Tatterdemalion likes this.
  18. Tatterdemalion

Tatterdemalion Phantasmal Quasar

I truly did not expect for that to gain momentum. I love it! I'll throw in my vote with Miss Alkane for a spiral-horned mask.

Alkanthe, Relten and Kaiachi like this.
  19. Rgbunpro

Rgbunpro Cosmos Killer

I also think that there should be a funny looking mark on the mask, and also a bow-tie.

Iskiribbles likes this.
  20. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

Like a heart? And I assume you don't mean the bow-tie should be on the mask, right? :p