1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Lexi's Expanded Color Options v 2.0 Glad Giraffe

25 additional colors and dyes for clothing and armor

1. liberalSpaceship

liberalSpaceship Void-Bound Voyager

liberalSpaceship submitted a new mod:

Expanded Color Options - 25 additional colors for clothing

Read more about this mod...

2. Crisium

Crisium Cosmic Narwhal

How is your mod deferent from the Colorbound mod dose your mod do something more with colors, I only ask cause colorbound has been color mod for about 8 months or more. It adds (+900)* new individual color options to STARBOUND that both Player Characters and NPCs can use!

3. StarScribe

StarScribe Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Umm, before I add even more colors to my game... I would like to ask, does this do/add anything colorbound doesn't?

4. liberalSpaceship

Colorbound adds color options only to hair, skin, and other body parts, and this mod adds color only to the clothing options. So you won't have to scroll past even more colors looking for that perfect purple skin-- I wouldn't do that to myself, much less share it around!

Seraphi likes this.
  5. Crisium

Crisium Cosmic Narwhal

I was not implying anything Brah only asking sorry if it came off as such. Thank you for letting me know what it dose deferent.

6. liberalSpaceship

No worries, I was making a joke about how many colors I already have from colorbound (which is, of course, a good thing!).

Seraphi likes this.
  7. Seraphi

Seraphi Phantasmal Quasar

Good job with this one. Clothing was the breaking point for me. (。・ω・。)

SleepySquidd likes this.
  8. StarScribe

StarScribe Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Ahh, I had no idea. I thought it "did" add color to clothes as well.

9. liberalSpaceship

Thanks! When I first saw that I'd have to patch every single item of clothing I thought "well, no", but then... I'm apparently a little obsessed with the clothing options in character creation. Even adding 25 colors to one thing was a slight trial, I can't imagine adding all the rows for all the colors you did, and making them unique for each species. I won't play without Colorbound, though.

Seraphi likes this.
  10. liberalSpaceship

11. liberalSpaceship

12. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

I honestly preferred when this mod was multiplayer friendly because all it did was add color choices and not dyes. I'm going to fiddle with parameters and see if I can keep new "dyes" and still keep it multiplayer friendly.

Never likes this.
  13. liberalSpaceship

I don't think the dyes can be multiplayer friendly, because they're new items. You should just be able to delete the "generic" folder inside of "items", as well as the "recipes" folder outright, and retain the many color options (which I assume would still work with spawnitem) without the dyes.

Or just convince everyone you're playing multiplayer with to also use this mod ;)

Edit: I updated the mod description to reflect this.

14. Mackinz

May I use this mod in a mod compilation?

15. liberalSpaceship

@Mackinz
    Absolutely! I have not tested to see if the dyes work in the new version, though.

16. Vegetable Lamb

Vegetable Lamb Existential Complex

Eagerly await the steam update. This is a great mod!

17. liberalSpaceship

NOTE: The dyes do not work in 1.0, but they won't crash your game. I know how to update the mod so that they work I just have to find time.
    A dyeless version has been uploaded to the Steam Workshop.

18. Alex_Hupsch

Alex_Hupsch Void-Bound Voyager

I'm trying to get the dyes to work in 1.0 but I don't exactly know what to edit. been messing with the .recipe and the .item files, but nothing is really working. What needs to be added/changed to get the dyes working and craftable? I'm happy to do the work.

19. Mackinz

Well, let's quickly compare vanilla dye assets to old LECO dye assets.

\_unpacked\items\generic\dyes\blackdye.augment

Code:
    {
      "itemName" : "blackdye",
      "price" : 25,
      "rarity" : "Common",
      "category" : "clothingDye",
      "inventoryIcon" : "blackdye.png",
      "description" : "This coloured dye can be applied to a piece of armour or clothing with a right-click.",
      "shortdescription" : "Black Dye",

"dyeColorIndex" : 1,

"radioMessagesOnPickup" : [ "pickupdye" ],

"scripts" : [ "/scripts/augments/dye.lua" ]
    }

\Lexi's Expanded Colors\items\generic\dyes\bananadye.item

Code:
    {
      "itemName" : "bananadye",
      "rarity" : "Common",
      "inventoryIcon" : "bananadye.png",
      "description" : "Use this dye on a piece of armour or clothing to change its colour.",
      "shortdescription" : "Banana Dye",

"dyeColorIndex" : 28
    }

Wanna play spot the differences? :nuruwink:

First of all, the new dyes are all the wrong filetype. Vanilla dyes are .augment, while these are .item.

Next, they are missing "price", "category", "radioMessagesOnPickup" and "scripts" values, but the first three aren't necessary. The script is, however, as it controls the effect that the dyes have as a whole.

In order to update the dyes for Starbound 1.0, you need to change the filetypes and add everything that is missing into the files. Not difficult at all, really. :V

Also, the patch file names need changing as well. They still refer to the old dye items, rather than the current augments.

Re-post edit: I updated the items, the patches, the recipes and replaced the modinfo file with a metadata file as per the new norm. I also added Tabula Rasa compatibility because why not. Do note I haven't actually tested the update so please let me know if there are any errors.

Attached Files:

20. Alex_Hupsch

Alex_Hupsch Void-Bound Voyager

So in my tweaking I did switch the .item files to .augment, I added all the code from the vanilla .augment files, but I think I must have missed the .patch files. Must be why the edits didn't change anything in game for me. Thanks for doing the update!