Building/Ship Let's See Your Ship

Discussion in 'Screenshots' started by Felonious, Dec 9, 2013.

?

What do you use your ship for?

1. Storage

748 vote(s)
    46.8%
  2. Decoration

676 vote(s)
    42.3%
  3. I can put things in my ship?

175 vote(s)
    10.9%
  1. Mattaclysm

Mattaclysm Tentacle Wrangler

God, your stuff is so cool. I love the design for the ladder between the top and lower two decks. What did you do to create that effect, just use two different types of platforms?

Waffle-Chan likes this.
  2. HollyAnn

HollyAnn Poptop Tamer

So, since I'm playing with the My Little Pony mod, I wanted to make my ship look like something from a little girl's dreams come true, and make it the prettiest, pinkest (to some degree, LOL!) space ship I could come up with. It's still, very much, a work in progress, but it's getting there :)

Attached Files:

boo buu and Doomich like this.
  3. Daemoniaque

Daemoniaque Void-Bound Voyager

So it has been a long time since I posted anything here... and since last time...

Well I didn't played that much, I just recently got back into playing, which lead to a new character and most importantly... a new ship !

Say hello to the "Tempestus Sagitta", also known as the "Sagitta" by its crew. This ship, originally an USCM ship, became outdated after the last generations of battleships, causing it to be used mostly as a transport ship until a mercenary was offered the ship in exchange for his services, and decided to.... upgrade it with Elithian Tech. Equiped with this new tech, it now serves as a mobile base of operation for its crew of mercenaries.

[​IMG]

Parrotte, Urelius, Ickura and 2 others like this.
  4. Mattaclysm

Mattaclysm Tentacle Wrangler

How did you make the spherical pattern on the wall of the rearmost room???

5. moremuffin

moremuffin Cosmic Narwhal

That's actually a piece of furniture for the Aegi in the Elithian Alliance mod.

6. Doomich

Doomich Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hello guys, it's me again!
    As i promised, I made another model from the Parkan universe - Wanderer.
    Well, I must pay tribute - I expected that it would be simpler, it took me a few days.
    Was built instead of a space station without tileprotection
    The interior is 80% identical to the original, but the furniture is arranged for my taste)
    Sorry for the broken proportions, I made a couple of mistakes in size calculating but noticed it too late.
    It is a pity that on the space station the whole environment is a source of light, I could not "play" with external lighting
    Attention: large image

Lore:
    Wanderer, this scientific ship was sent to the abandoned and closed post-war sector to collect and study data on the consequences of past wars.
    Unfortunately, after a while all communications with the ship were lost (oh my!)

When collecting data, the ship found a device that allows to make a hyper jump into the hidden sub-sector, completely controlled by a clan of robots pirates.
    The crew rechecked information for the report, but was suddenly attacked by stealth pirate interceptors!
    A traitor at the base told the pirates about this mission so that they would not allow declassifying their sector.

Wanderer was damaged and the fate of the crew is unknown.
    Our parkan finds the ship in this condition.[​IMG]

7. Daemoniaque

Daemoniaque Void-Bound Voyager

As moremuffin said, it is indeed a decorative item coming from the Elithian Alliance mod.

8. Pohany

Pohany Parsec Taste Tester

9. Blaine

Blaine Scruffy Nerf-Herder

This is nowhere near as cool or as organic as some people's ships, and I've just finished so it could probably use more tweaking, but I'm proud of it. It's not BYOS, but is the Condor upgrade of the Avikan ship from the Elithian Races mod, one of the most incredible mods I've played for any game, ever (and I've been playing computer games since the 1980s!).

I decided to go windowless rather than editing the background PNG and refreshing my .shipworld (does anyone like basic portholes?). I also kept my use of admin commands to a bare minimum, and almost all items and materials were gathered and built the old-fashioned way. As far as I remember, I only spawned in Avikan numbers and automatic doors; I trashed equivalent materials and proximity sensors to compensate. I tried to stick only to Avikan decorations, although in the bottom-left there's a Quarkular Furnace from the mod of the same name (mainly because it's visually closer to the Avikan theme), as well as a few fluid tanks from Enhanced Storage.

zhai_sholud.png

10. boo buu

boo buu Void-Bound Voyager

[​IMG]
    aaaaaaaa this is my ship atm, i just started playin'!! [​IMG]

11. Seby88

Seby88 Void-Bound Voyager

Hey man, could you please tell me what mods you used?? I really love the black with red avali terminals

12. shark213

shark213 Phantasmal Quasar

Wow, that was old! :casper:
    The terminal is from original Avali mod, I just duplicate the objects in different color.

Haven't tried it myself, but you might find it here : https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=819145737

Parrotte likes this.
  13. DragonsForce

DragonsForce Weight of the Sky

I spy with my little eye a giant security hazard!

14. KeikoMei

KeikoMei Void-Bound Voyager

Did you Build the ship and just put the wings in the background ? Or .. by any chance.. did you maybe turn them into spawnable items, like ship turrets etc..?
    Would you be so super lovely amazing to share it with me? :c
    It's christmas and all... <3
    Dear dear .. any chance you could send me the file for the wings?

15. Blaine

Some of those decorative items appear to be Avali (race mod) decorations. "Tent drapes" from both the Avali and Elithian mods are often repurposed as vehicle sails by builders.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=729558042

If so, I don't know whether the "sails" are from the base mod or an add-on, but now you've got a starting point.

16. KeikoMei

KeikoMei Void-Bound Voyager

I already know where they are from.... It's another mod, and a ships background.
    Just hoping to get the edited background from him / or ideally files to spawn them, cause I'm not very versed with gimp stuff and how it works.. :kitten2: :kitten2:

But ye the smaller one resembles that avali tent piece, but i'm specially looking for those, hoping i don't have to cut them out myself and somehow fit to my finished ship frame.. (but I've got the feeling that's the only way..) >-<

17. Blaine

To me it looks like he's using MadTulip's/BYOS mod, or some other build-your-own-ship mod, and simply placed preexisting objects. Both the foreground and background look like hull and wallpaper blocks from one or more mods.

Tell me which mod the objects are from, and I may be able to help you out. I'm good at digging around in mod file structures and figuring out what's what, and I'm also a Photoshop whiz if it comes to that.

He posted months ago, so he may be (and probably is) super-inactive by now.

18. Parrotte

Parrotte Supernova

Pohany actually makes most custom objects himself. I am willing to bet those solar sails are his own as well.

19. Pohany

Pohany Parsec Taste Tester

Attached Files:

• psol.7z
      File size:
      20.7 KB
      Views:
  20. Parrotte

Parrotte Supernova

I put emphasis on the word "most"

close enough pls don't sue me