Building/Ship Let's See Your Ship

Discussion in 'Screenshots' started by Felonious, Dec 9, 2013.

?

What do you use your ship for?

1. Storage

748 vote(s)
    46.8%
  2. Decoration

676 vote(s)
    42.3%
  3. I can put things in my ship?

175 vote(s)
    10.9%
  1. Pohany

Pohany Parsec Taste Tester

The Squid, ODST 4900 and Parrotte like this.
  2. Parrotte

Parrotte Supernova

Tells us one of the coolest things isn't optimized and then continues to show off with it. D :<
    Really nice though. I remain jealous of your building skills.

I tried making a few ships (went through 5 ideas) but I just couldn't. They was what I wanted them to become but I still didn't like it.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2016
    Pohany likes this.
  3. Pedro Falcão

Pedro Falcão Pangalactic Porcupine

Do not scrap your trials, if you ran out of ideas find something to distract yourself with, for a while, and then eventually you'll grow annoyed by the unfinished project and an idea will suddenly pop up.

4. Parrotte

Parrotte Supernova

Haha, ideas do pop up from time to time. Have spent my Starbound time annoying the crap out of playing with a friend. Not much playtime in SP except to find recipes. Have been getting back into Robocraft--

*banned for life*

5. Pohany

6. Preday

Preday Starship Captain

I used the destruction of Earth and all that I ever knew, and my implicit promotion to Grand Protector as an excuse to ditch standard Protectorate ship regulations and make my ship a place actually worth living in. Unfortunately so did the rest of the crew...

[​IMG]

So after a small riot over who gets the top bunk and my threatening to space the lot of them, we arrived at a compromise. Each crewmember gets an allocation of a few tiles, shipwide, to decorate as they desire, on the condition that it does not impede essential functions. Hydeki wanted his plushies, Sarema insisted we hang up his fanart and Klarta wanted a few posters of her favourite movies. Despite protests I refused to give all 3 versions of Celeste equal rights. It's his own damn fault for messing with the teleporter and cloning the crew. I installed a security system that isolates my room, the teleporter and the bridge in case of intrusion or, you know, another riot.

[​IMG]

The back section holds the cargo bay, industrial section, the hangar and a second crew dorm,

Gotcha! and The Squid like this.
  7. Pohany

8. Parrotte

Parrotte Supernova

Pohany likes this.
  9. Pohany

Well, I'm sorry!)))
    I just learned how to optimize MadTulips Spaceship mod. : 3

10. TheFloranChef

TheFloranChef Giant Laser Beams

@Pohany what do you mean by that? Do you know if this mod breaks other characters?

Nice ship!

Pohany likes this.
  11. Parrotte

Parrotte Supernova

Man, the Chucklefish Forums really don't want to work for me, taking ages to load.

Guess I'm somewhat at a disadvantage here, but I dislike using mods for several reasons:
    - Multiplayer compatibility. And even if I couldn't give a toss if my ship works on MP anymore at this point, I'd still like to be able to join other people.
    - Corruption if I do not have the mod anymore. And although it'd be annoying if I lost a ship to it, I'm more afraid I'd lose the entire universe.
    - (insert invalid reason here)

~nvm what was here~
    Nope, lost all spriting skills. Wellp, that is another couple of ideas out of the window, whoop.
    Was never good at making clothing anyway, and I don't think making things for SS13 prepares you for making things in Starbound.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2016
  12. RedPanda_Warrior

RedPanda_Warrior Star Wrangler

Speaking of multiplayer, how do you even join a server? Server websites give me the IP and Port, but they don't give me the password or the box below IP. Can someone please help!

13. Plasmataz

Plasmataz Subatomic Cosmonaut

You only need the IP and Port. Nothing else is required unless they explicitly said so. If they say they have a password, you might need to contact an admin to get white-listed.

14. Pedro Falcão

You're not the only one. From time to time I also get slow loading times.

15. Pohany

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=743828258
    I do not know. I just wipe everything and start over! [​IMG]
    I have two Starbound. ))
    One for playing with friends and another for a single game with the mods

[​IMG]
    Minor changes

cosmologic, The Squid, Zlyvr and 3 others like this.
  16. Parrotte

Parrotte Supernova

Forgot to say:
    Usually with modding, removing mods might cause saves with these mods to go börk.
    I presume Starbound is no less, although I have noticed that having items from removed mods does not break your character, but the items in your inventory do become invalid and therefor transform into Perfectly Generic Items.
    I have not tested mods that add blocks, but I presume that having placed blocks from removed mods in a world will not be appreciated by the game resulting in crashes/corruption.

Personally I've found that mods that turn your shipworld into a blank slate or one with a starting container can be removed without your ships breaking unless you upgrade your ship.

Okay, hold on, no fair. I have only one copy.

I guess for ship building I could like, copy the starbound folder and use that. Still, I like to keep my stuff multiplayer compatible and that it doesn't (probably) corrupt when block mods are missing.
    Also nice ship :D

17. MindExplorer

MindExplorer Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Excuse me, but what has all this chatter to do with "Let's see your ship"?
    You can quibble around via Private Message. So, make use of it!

18. PyreStarite

PyreStarite Space Kumquat

Please don't be rude, Mind, this is a Discussion about sharing ships after all. If they want to talk about their ships, then let them. This method is simpler.

Ankali, Gotcha!, ODST 4900 and 2 others like this.
  19. Pedro Falcão

Are you in need of attention? Because you just did what you asked them not to do. You could've done that also through private message, couldn't you?

20. Moonblaster

Moonblaster Seal Broken

This is my museum-ship me and a friend created a while back. Took us like 5 hours to complete, haha.. But i'm quite pleased with how it turned out. :)
    [​IMG]

_BIO_, Saek, TheFloranChef and 4 others like this.