Let's get Wiki - Basic Discussion

Discussion in 'Wiki Discussion' started by Katzeus, Dec 14, 2013.

1. Guest0241525

Guest0241525 Guest

You are right, but that's not what I did. I'm not coming up with these display names myself, that wouldn't be viable on a wiki at all.

[​IMG]

As I said, it's based on their item names. And the actual page names are consistently based on the codex titles.

Maybe I should've explained better. Item names and codex titles of the removed books usually weren't identical; and I wanted to give a heads-up that in case a codex title isn't practical to use, such as was the case for those two examples, then item name can be used in the navbox instead.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2017
    Katzeus likes this.
  2. Guest0241525

Guest0241525 Guest

So, there's this common leitmotif I'm somewhat unsure about.

It's used in Menu Theme (8:52), Vast Immortal Suns (2:48), and On the Beach at Night (0:12). Also happens to manifest in Poptop whistling, unused music box sound, and Saloon Piano. So in short, it's pretty common. Some older articles, for better for worse, referred to it as "Starbound theme", perhaps we should switch back to it and refer to it as "Starbound leitmotif"?

If not that, then how else do we call it?

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2017
  3. Katzeus

Katzeus Chucklefisherman Chucklefish

Theme works for me personally, I had to google leitmotif to see what it meant. Maybe that's just me haha, not sure how others feel about it.

4. M_Sipher

M_Sipher Oxygen Tank

Much as I like a fancy word, "theme" would probably be best. I mean, I'm sure there's a way to work "leitmotif" into an article for to learn someone the word, but as far as general-use identifying goes...

5. Guest0241525

Guest0241525 Guest

Oh, the thing with that is that "theme" somewhat implies a full track dedicated to something, sort of like Arctic Battle 3 or Gravitation Collapse can be seen as boss themes. On the other hand, "leitmotif" is a "short, constantly recurring musical phrase" pretty much by definition. They're not entirely synonymous.

6. x3notyp

x3notyp Void-Bound Voyager

Hello,

today I wanted to try and create a table of cooked foods on my wiki user page to later add it to the existing "Food" page after some polishing (or make a new page if it reduces performance too much). Unlike the already existing table, I want to display several collapsible paragraphs for each basic ingredient (potato, carrot, etc.) and add a table that lists all cooking recipes containing that ingredient and also displays all (other) ingredients for that recipe as well as other information (pixel value, hunger replenishment, status effects etc.).
    I got that idea from my visits to planets that usually end up with me having many random food in my inventory. Trying to make the best out of it (instead of just selling everything), I had to look up every wiki page for each type of food to determine what kind of recipes I could make from them and which types of food and how many of them I had to get from my farm and how much I could get from selling it. A listing like I was about to create would have helped me a lot.

To spare myself from much manual work, I looked into the data query language the food page uses for the recipe collection table. I understand how it works and have a general idea how I can implement this. However, to get the data queries to display data in a custom form you have to use templates. Apparently, I am not allowed to make any changes in the "Template" Namespace. Is there even a possibility for normal users to create tables based on queried data with custom data display?

Furthermore, I will make use of many nested queries (first: basic ingredients, second: recipes, third: other ingredients and status effects). The standard server settings do not allow more than 2 levels of nested queries. Is this also true for the starbounder wiki?

Thanks in advance!

7. Gli7cH

Gli7cH Yeah, You!

I created a Starbounder account back at the 27th of November of 2019 (or around that time) and forgot to add my email to the account. As such, I have forgotten my password and I do not have a method of logging in. I was wondering if someone could add the email from this Fourms account into my Starbounder Wiki account.

8. Gli7cH

Gli7cH Yeah, You!

Never heard anything about my account again and the page I wanted to edit using said account I made and lost hasn't been changed. I've had this text file for months now, so here are my notes on what I've found on The Dantalion:

upload_2020-8-24_16-17-50.png

Feel free to credit me... or not.

Attached Files:

9. Pangaea

Pangaea Forum Moderator