RELEASED Less Boyish, Mustacheless Harvey (Vanilla Style!)

Discussion in 'Portraits' started by Taweret, Feb 16, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Taweret

Taweret Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I always preferred the portrait edits that removed Harvey's mustache when compared to vanilla, but the issue that I noticed many of them had is that without it, he often looked pretty dang boyish. This is my attempt to rectify that!

It was mostly achieved by changing his jawline/chin, adding in some stubble and age lines, plus altering what used to be a... pretty weird, conical neck. I reworked his expressions to give him a little more character as well. There are also moderate to heavy edits done to his stethoscope and headphone portraits. On all portraits, the suit collar was edited as well to make it a little less symmetrical and perfect-looking.

There are two variants: one with a neater suit (no wrinkle in his left-hand sleeve) and one with the default suit. If anyone expresses interest, I also have variants that make his suit a darker green or make him blonde.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Installation
    :
    Choose your preferred flavor of Harvey (for now the choices are his default-style wrinkled suit and one with a neater sleeve) from the 7zip file and unpack the contents of that folder into your Stardew Valley folder. The default location for this in Windows Vista and up is ..\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Stardew Valley

Credit:
    The base spritesheet I worked off of is this edit of ConcernedApe's own vanilla Harvey, the most noticeable contribution being the obvious lack of mustache... and some pretty spiffy glasses! Credit for this goes to the fine fellow named wineheart here!

Permissions:
    If wineheart has no issue with this, I'd like to make it clear that I'm fine with anyone using these sprites or portions of them in their own spritework, whether public or private. I used CA and wineheart's work as a basis, after all!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 17, 2017
      Veezibee and Berret like this.
    • Berret

Berret Subatomic Cosmonaut

Oh, I love this! He looks his age and that makes him very handsome!

• AlyssaB1

AlyssaB1 Big Damn Hero

Hi I'm new to the forum so I don't know if this is where you ask but would you ever consider having a version of this edit with the moustache? I really like everything you done here but I'm the one weirdo who likes the stache apparently.