1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed "Launch starbound" in the launcher wont work anymore

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Nullagon, Dec 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nullagon

Nullagon Space Hobo

As the title says the button wont work after a crash while hosting a server the launch server button however does work fine (and that server works fine) no response and nothing shows up in the processes ive looked around and no one seems to have similar issues.

System:
    win 7 64bit
    16GB RAM
    AMD FX-6200 Six-core-Processor 3.8 GHz < processer
    AMD Radeon HD 7900 Series < graphics card

currently ive tryed restarting re installing validating through steam and launching the game from every possible place i can.

Cant get past the launcher worked before both opengl and direct x fail :(

Edit: fix is to NOT run as admin

Last edited: Dec 15, 2013
  2. Szaila

Szaila Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I also have that problem! D:
    I really hope it'll get fixed as soon as possible because I wanna playyyy! :pwease:

3. Rannigan

Rannigan Space Hobo

Same here, please fix this, i cant play!!!!!!

EDIT: I reinstalled too, still doesn't work :S :(

Last edited: Dec 15, 2013
  4. kalai005

kalai005 Space Hobo

I am having the same problem i even re-installed the game and it didnt fix it. :(

5. springly

springly Astral Cartographer

Me too, was there an update or something? It was working fine yesterday. I did it with task manager open and the process didnt even appear, just nothing happened at all. Going to the .exe and trying that didnt work either.

6. kalai005

kalai005 Space Hobo

SAME HERE!! im not ok with this!

7. Kobting

Kobting Space Penguin Leader

Someone go look at your starbound log and post the error if there is one inside the log. if there is one from not launching it will be at the bottom of the file. It would probably help the devs see what's happening.

8. Next_Gen_Nerd

Next_Gen_Nerd Aquatic Astronaut

I just bought the game on steam but when I click "play" or launch it from the shortcut on my desktop, It opens up The starbound launcher with the options to join the community, official wiki, and premium servers. However there is no "Launch button" where is this supposed to appear? Is this a bug or Is the launcher just too big for my laptop and I can't see the button. Please help! I really want to be able to play the game.

Rhollin likes this.
  9. springly

This is a fresh install and there is no log (it's meant to be in steamapps/common/Starbound, right? not in any of the other folders?)

E: Next_Gen_Nerd, it should be at the bottom of the window.

10. springly

POSSIBLE FIX

Insanely, I just fixed this by turning OFF the 'always run as admin' which I had set to on to fix a previous problem o_O I will never understand you, Windows 7. If you guys have also turned on admin priveleges try turning them off.

11. Maixan

Maixan Big Damn Hero

if you have the same problem dont post it.... :zzz:

12. Snowshadow

Snowshadow Star Wrangler

Posting an existing bug is fine. Doing so with no information is not.

13. piesage

piesage Intergalactic Tourist

when I try to launch it my laptop crashes completely and nothing works...:(

14. fierystick

fierystick Void-Bound Voyager

There is no errors in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Starbound\starbound.log

15. fierystick

fierystick Void-Bound Voyager

There is no errors in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Starbound\starbound.log

16. deathriderguy

deathriderguy Master Chief

How do i do that?

17. Draconite

Draconite Space Hobo

Well guys, I believe i have the same issue, but i can actually get it to work.

I was trying to host a server so a friend could play and, doing it through steam, didn't seem to work, and i think the problem stemmed from launching the server through starbound's launcher window, because now it simply won't even launch the game.

However, if i launch it directly through C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Starbound\win32, with the .exe there, (both starbound and the starbound server) it starts up just fine, and the server works as well.

So i'm not sure if it is just me, but someone should try doing that, see if it works or not.

Hope this helps.

18. Zenus

Zenus Big Damn Hero

I used to have the problem of starting the launcher, but the lunch starnbound button wouldnt work. I used 7-zip to access my starbound.exe properties and changed it so that the game wasn't run as administrator

19. zkolbe11

zkolbe11 Space Hobo

I got the same exact problem. Am I retarded or something? I can't see any kind of play or launch button.

20. Emaral

Emaral Space Hobo

Just solved this problem on my own computer. if you have windows 7, you have to move the task bar thing to the side of the screen

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.