Building/Ship Launch hype!

Discussion in 'Screenshots' started by Pedro Falcão, Jul 23, 2016.

1. Pedro Falcão

Pedro Falcão Pangalactic Porcupine

In my Launch hype:
    [​IMG]
    This was built using manually collected materials. I am currently building some kind of greenhouse to the east, but it's so early that I chose not to share yet. From Left to right then up to bottom, the rooms are Toilet, Workshop, Bedroom, unused, Kitchen, Dinner/Living room and Basement.
    --- Post updated ---
    Update:
    Im using the unused room now for a coop, with only one chicken yet, since I'm poor and all. Update on the greenhouse:
    20160725205053_1.jpg
    This is the Greenhouse-kinda-thing I was talking about. It has 10 plots of 20 blocks (some crops take 1 block, some take 2, so figured 10 of the biggest would be nice enough) of dirt for my crops, but as it turns out, 10 plots weren't enough for the variety of seeds I had. The stairs are made of stone and painted black (you can clearly see the mess I made on the background). Up 'til here, I only used manually gathered materials.

I'm now building a big bunker to the west of the house and... Well, once I had spent all my reserves of Copper, Iron and Tungsten just for the entrance, I figured I'd need to use admin commands at least to build the structure. I'll post screenshots of it (and show how big it is) soonish. This week, at least.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2016
    Tamorr, PyreStarite, Skvapter and 3 others like this.
  2. Pedro Falcão

As promised, brought some screenshots of my bunker.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I've mostly finished the warehouse one floor below the cafeteria, but there are some secret passageways still visible and I'd like to keep the "mystery" until I've finished. After all the rooms are built (lounge, living quarters, bathhouse, workshop, museum, library, armory and detainment area), I'll finish the command central (that door above the cafeteria) and finish the secret passages. The staircase is 5 floors deep, with each floor being 22 blocks high. Every room (except for small corridors) has some kind of ventilation system, but since I don't have the format of all the rooms yet, I am making heavy changes to the ducts.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2016
    Tamorr, Lodish and TheFloranChef like this.
  3. TheFloranChef

TheFloranChef Giant Laser Beams

Very nice buildings!

If you want to avoid admin mode, install the mods for iron asteroids and the one that allows you to create tungsten from copper and iron. I haven't tried this last one, but the other gave me more than enough iron.

You can fix that problem with the stair color by removing the background (and readding it) or removing the paint and clicking very lightly quickly (it worked on unstable). But it takes time and patience and it isn't a problem the way it is now.

Those windows are cool. I'm gonna copy them...

4. Pedro Falcão

I have no problems with cheating if it is for a large build, and admin mode I can easily activate/deactivate, it's just that I was surprised I spent my 250+ bars just for the entrance and elevator shaft (I am perfectionist, I also put the same blocks on the background, so it took twice the normal amount for an area of that size).
    About the stairs, I did just that for the bunker, it just takes lots of patience.
    And about the windows, feel free. I myself used many of your builds as inspiration.

5. TheFloranChef

TheFloranChef Giant Laser Beams

I know how that feels. Using up all of your bars and then realizing that you made just 10% of your base. :nurushock:

6. PyreStarite

PyreStarite Space Kumquat

That is actually not bad, but I am seeing a lot of empty space.

7. Pedro Falcão

Yes, lots of space. And while I'd like to furnish everything up, I actually leave that for last because I keep changing my mind a lot about it and that distracts me from the construction. I only put bunker vents because those also help me plan the ventilation ducts (which I'm making a full network starting outside and reaching almost every room).

8. Beatrice

Beatrice Spaceman Spiff

I like your approach to the big windows, using lattice, wooden windows and blinds to create such a very aesthetic example for windowbuilding.

Shadencile likes this.