Late Game Storage Bank

Discussion in 'Blocks and Crafting' started by Benjamin Bridges, May 31, 2016.

1. Benjamin Bridges

Benjamin Bridges Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I was thinking of a nice large, think building sized, 1000+ slot storage container that can only be placed on a planet. perhaps only one per planet. It could use a modified version of the crafting GUI to allow searching, and would be sorted by default. It could also require fuel for each storage/retrieval transaction. It wouldn't replace other storage containers, but it would allow the moment to moment inventory management to remain a valid game play mechanic, while reducing the late game inventory nightmare.

Efrim and Azidoazide Azide like this.
  2. King Kitteh

King Kitteh Starship Captain

I'd prefer a more manageable sized container (in physical space), but one that was very difficult to craft.

You can make up some sci-fi reason for it holding ridicolous amounts of items. Perhaps it uses a black hole to compress the items down! Maybe it stores them in a pocket dimension!

A really giant furniture item just sounds clunky.

Also, I'd like to be able to break it without the stuff flying out everywhere. This would make the item unstackable though.

Azidoazide Azide likes this.
  3. Ludovic

Ludovic Giant Laser Beams

Personally I don't mind the idea of a "Huge Vault" item. Personally I like the outpost -because- of all those stall-like stores. It makes me almost wishes I could setup my own in my own towns and man them with members of my crew or local merchants.

Actually, the thought of a "deployable store" you could fill with items, deploy near an NPC town with or without one of your crew-mates to man it, and then generate pixels from inventory sold there feel like something I'd enjoy out of a post-release feature or something of the like.

soarin24 likes this.
  4. Efrim

Efrim Pangalactic Porcupine

I'd be happy if they just created late game storage items with the same capacity as the ship storage + the ability to sort; desposit, quick stack, and withdraw items from all containers. Still; I can't argue that the obsessive compulsive tendencies in me get gleeful at the idea of a huge expensive constructed building that could contain a thousand items.