Late-game/multiplayer mechanic: Empire building!

Discussion in 'Mechanics' started by Triarch, Jul 31, 2013.

?

Would a game mechanic like this be suited for Starbound?

1. Yes

100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Triarch

Triarch Void-Bound Voyager

I've already posted this on /r/Starbound, but I am also posting it here for visibility reasons.

STCW262, KingPoor, Higarian and 2 others like this.
  2. SuggestionsBot

SuggestionsBot Autonomous Posting Device

Thanks for submitting a new suggestion!

Please remember to give your opinion on this suggestion by voting on our suggestions page.

3. Ceane

Ceane Void-Bound Voyager

13 up-votes and nobody has posted anything? Well then, I'll say this sounds like a pretty good idea. I like the fact that it requires late-game resources and items to prevent people from just creating one as soon as they start, and I like how you can keep the system automated so you aren't being pestered by alerts constantly. I think this would go well with the beacons idea that came up recently, with the implementation of laws and whatnot. Perhaps as part of the revolutions, the beacon could be a target for the crowds of people to destroy in order to get their freedom back?

4. Xots

Xots Industrial Terraformer

Is this all race based? Because if it is, than all that will be left in one galaxy will be a certain race, and you can't get others tech than. Witch is very bad not to have.

5. assasinwar9

assasinwar9 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

i would love to see this in-game ... as long as its VERY late game :)

6. KingPoor

KingPoor Intergalactic Tourist

If you implement something like fallout 4s SIM settlements late game, you can plan the city/planet and let npcs build and defend it. To progress you need resources from your colonies. I like that your empire can be attacked...empires would add another awesome layer to the late game. Also would make the game very relatable as everytime your starting race would make your empire expand differently. I.e. some races better at developing tech, some gave better warriors etc.

7. STCW262

STCW262 Heliosphere

The Tenant system could work as a start.
    In terms of making buildings, it should be possible to build other "functional" buildings from specific materials, such as factories, which can produce several different products depending on what they're toggled to make, and could even have customized products (Or at least consistent ones), such as making several copies of the same gun.