Last Christmas/Winterstar I gave you my Rainbow Shell

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Flother, Mar 25, 2016.

1. Flother

Flother Big Damn Hero

I'm pondering my cold, effervescent, and numb heart after the festival of winterstar. Why, why did you give me a freaking Geode!?

First things first, no, I do not loathe geodes.
    Secondly, I'm wondering how does that work? do the people who are assigned to secretly give you a present during the festival given a random assortment of things to give to you or is there something else at work?
    Lastly, When you give a gift to the person you're assigned, can you give them anything and still be thankful? Does it affect your friendship status with them or no?

P.S- I am now craving for some eggnogs, even when it is in reality summer, I now want eggnogs, I don't care if it's through the game or not, eggnogs is love <3

• Necrite

Necrite Subatomic Cosmonaut

Eggnog freezes quite well. Every year, at the end of eggnog season, I'll pick up a few cartons and put them in the freezer, then pull them out when I decide I want some. It does separate when frozen, so you thaw out, you have to shake it well.

Freeze the cardboard milk carton style, not the plastic jugs. The jugs get brittle when frozen, and the expanding of the eggnog can break them.

Nyello likes this.
      • Dodging Rain

Dodging Rain Phantasmal Quasar

Caroline got a glow ring for my present and that is when I have an iridium ring that does that and more...

As for gifting someone, I suspect it affects their affection level since I had George as my target and giving him fried mushroom lets me later have him the first NPC I 10 hearted (followed by Emily since I tend to gift with amethyst. I'd probably need to check next Winterstar.

• Mica

Mica Subatomic Cosmonaut

I had to redo the Winter Star event at one point cause I reloaded the same day.

First gift I received was a Tea Set. After the reload, even though I did the same things, I got a Glow Ring instead.
          So the gift you receive isn't fixed, so it's probably as you said, something out of a random assortment of things.

And the recipient of your gift does give reactions like the heart bubble when given one of their favorite things.
          So the gift does matter, friendship points-wise at least.

• Lanx12

Lanx12 Ketchup Robot

mmhmm the better the gift more points you gift I accidental gave someone something they hated...Well...I lost 4 hearts over that one...

• Dodging Rain

Dodging Rain Phantasmal Quasar

Ow. 4 stars? Sounds like whatever you gift will have huge impact on friendship points, maybe even moreso than birthday since that only affects 3.

• Lanx12

Lanx12 Ketchup Robot

MAyeb that or just my rotten luck that day...It might of been three and I just noticed the drop after not talking to said person for awhile.

• Sevidra

Sevidra Existential Complex

It's just Lanx. When he does right, they get all excited. Then he does wrong and it's just so horribly disappointing that they kinda hate him for it. *grin*

Lanx12 likes this.
                  • Flother

Flother Big Damn Hero

Some luck you got there, I guess giving their favorite item during the winterstar is the best way to get friendship points fast. Thanks, though! I'm still in summer when I wanted to test this idea.

• Caudyr

Caudyr Black Hole Surfer

I wish you could give your spouse/people you gave bouquets to gifts for this and get special reactions out of them, too. :3