1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Larger Lockers 1.0.1

Increases the capacity of ship and storage lockers to 256 and 128 respectively.

1. Tripod

Tripod Phantasmal Quasar

Tripod submitted a new mod:

Larger Lockers - Adds 128 and 256 slot lockers.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2014
  2. VasVadum

VasVadum Cosmic Narwhal

But this already exists >.> Maybe not as separate entities but it's not hard to make them separate entities so you can have multiple different sized lockers. Anyway. It pretty much already exists.

3. Tripod

Tripod Phantasmal Quasar

I created this as a personal storage thing to my own liking but I figured that I might as well release it.

What I really want to do is to enable the locker to change 'colour' to allow for categories:
    catlocker168.png catlocker256.png

I was hoping the paint tool would allow for it. I based the structure off the 'woodenwallfan' files, but it didn't work. I then found out that was because the wooden fan can't be painted either, and that's a stock asset!

I'll look into whether Dyeing Bucket can achieve this. I haven't tried it before so I'm not sure if it works off hexadecimal colour parameters in the .object file. Hopefully it follows the paint tool method for objects with colour information stored in the .frames and image files.

4. VasVadum

VasVadum Cosmic Narwhal

I do kinda like the fact that you are making it change icons and stuff though for sorting, so that would be nice to have. :p I'll keep watching the mod though.

5. Tripod

Tripod Phantasmal Quasar

6. StarScribe

StarScribe Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Now this sir... I like! I will be trying this out, I do hope however crafting recipes to be balanced.

7. Tripod

Tripod Phantasmal Quasar

I've actually had a hard time with balancing pixel costs. Please do let me know what you think!

StarScribe likes this.
  8. monsto

monsto Subatomic Cosmonaut

How will this work on a multiplayer server? will it work?

9. Tripod

Tripod Phantasmal Quasar

I haven't tried it, but I'm assuming that if you enter a server without the mod installed at the server-side all assets of the mod will be erased (eg. a placed locker, along with all contents inside it, will vanish).

A
    s long as the mod is installed at the server-side and client-side, everything should work fine.

10. monsto

Server AND client?

How necessary is this in general? Is there 'no such thing' as a mod with serverside-only functionality? I'm trying to figure this out as I've only seen that order explicity mentioned on a couple of mods. And there's no real documentation that I've found on actually running a server.

11. Tripod

Tripod Phantasmal Quasar

I'm not sure about Starbound's current system in particular, but the way things usually work:
    If the mod is installed on the server-side, this will enable any client to utilise the mod if they have it installed. If any client logs on without the mod, this will either give this user an error upon entering the server or just make all assets from the mod appear as if they didn't exist for this user. It shouldn't cause any issues for anyone with the mod installed so long as it's also installed on the server.

I'm not sure if any server-side only mods exist for Starbound, TShock for Terraria is an example of one though.

Chucklefish plan on handling modded server conflicts eventually: "We’re not far away from also implementing a system for servers to share these pak files with clients on connect. This will allow mod authors and server admins to entirely overhaul the vanilla starbound experience for the players on their server."
    http://playstarbound.com/the-future-of-chucklefish-and-starbound/

12. monsto

So, at this point, it's a kinda "double verify" system which has it's merits.

good info. Thanks. Not specific to your bits, so I thank you for the info anyway.

13. yoshinatsu

yoshinatsu Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Unfortunately, your mod crashes my game on startup.
    I'm using the latest stable version of the game on Mac OS X (I think they call it Enraged Coala Update 6, Protocol 642, Assets: 20140228, Digest: <60d388e2>).
    I made sure that no other mod crashes the game, I'm 100% sure it's this one.
    Everything worked fine on the previous stable build.
    And the bad thing is that I can't really play the game without your mod, since I've become so dependent on it and I have SO many items stored on your lockers.
    Please, update your mod soon, I want to play again :(

14. Tripod

Tripod Phantasmal Quasar

Thanks for letting me know, I'll look into it right now!

EDIT: Tried it out on Windows and it still seems to work OK. I suggest backing up your /player and /universe folders and removing the mod to see if a crash sill occurs. PLEASE backup these folders before trying. I'm under the impression that if the mod is not installed, the game may wipe all traces of the mod (along with all items contained in the modded storage).

Last edited: Mar 7, 2014
  15. yoshinatsu

Oh, I had done that already. I have 18 mods installed, so I had to remove each and every one of the them to find out who's the culprit.
    When I remove Larger Lockers, the crash no longer occurs, and the game boots just fine. That's why I told you I'm 100% sure it's your mod.
    I even tried deleting my player/universe folders altogether, just in case it was something else causing a conflict. But to put it simply, 100% stock game + your mod crashes the game on Mac. At least for me. By the way I'm using the latest version of Mac OS X (10.9.2), if that matters.
    And of course I suspected that I might lose my items forever if I booted the game without your mod, so I made sure to backup BEFORE I did those tests, so no worries, my items are still intact.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2014
  16. Tripod

Tripod Phantasmal Quasar

That's unfortunate because I don't have a Mac to test it on, so I'm not really sure how to go about fixing the issue. I'm wondering if Mac's file system is causing an issue. I have pak'd the mod up for you to check this.

The first thing I'd like you to try is removing the largerLockers folder inside your mods folder, then place this file inside the mods folder ("Starbound\mods\Larger Lockers v1.1.modpak").

17. yoshinatsu

Well, I've got some very good (but weird!) news.
    I tried booting the game from its actual executable (meaning, NOT from Steam, but from it's actual .app, which is kinda the equivalent of .exe on Mac)... and it all works fine!
    I didn't need to use the .modpack version, which by the way behaved the same as the older version, it crashed the game on startup. It still crashes when I try to boot the game from Steam using Larger Lockers, but booting straight from the executable does the job!
    Thankfully the devs have made the game to work independently from Steam if you desire, or else I wouldn't be able to make it work!
    Though I still I wonder what makes the game crash when booting from Steam while using this mod.

18. Tripod

Tripod Phantasmal Quasar

That's great news, I'm glad that you're able to continue playing!

That's some very strange behaviour though.. I normally just open the game from the binary file, so I will also be executing via steam and the launcher during future testing. Both the DirectX and OpenGL variants seem to work fine on Windows this way with the current build though.

19. SleepySquidd

SleepySquidd Tragically Magic Hands

I moved your mod back into Furniture & Objects, congrats on updating it! :)

Tripod likes this.
  20. Tripod

Tripod Phantasmal Quasar