1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Laptop Died - Starbound Won't Start

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by wylandylan22, Aug 13, 2018.

1. wylandylan22

wylandylan22 Space Hobo

I was playing Starbound when my laptop died and now, as the title implies, Starbound won't start. I do have mods but am going to remove them and try again and update this as necessary. I will attach Starbound.log, i just need to know if i have to replace my install of Starbound or what i need to fix/change/delete.

I removed my mods and it was one of my mods that doesnt work. I suspect it was FrackinUniverse sooo I will just replace that.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2018
  2. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

It looks like the file got corrupted when your laptop died. Reinstalling the mod should solve the problem.

Also avoid doubleposts :nuruwink:

3. wylandylan22

wylandylan22 Space Hobo

Doubleposts?

4. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Also one-word posts are frowned upon the forum rules, please edit in at least a sentence. ^^'

A doublepost is considered when you're posting a reply to your previous post. They're tolerated when there is a certain amount of time inbetween otherwise you should edit your previous post.
    In this case i merged your posts. :nuruwink:
    I hope that didnt cause too much confusion. :nuruhappy:

5. wylandylan22

wylandylan22 Space Hobo

oh i thought i did edit it... sorry.

EDIT: It also slightly corrupted the game files so MM upgrades didnt work and neither did commands such as /admin. :(
    I have since replaced the install with a fresh one.