1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED LANGYS PIMP MY SHIP MOD 3.1

The mod is basically the same as the older FCSMod and buildaship mods For 1.0

1. lordlangford

lordlangford Scruffy Nerf-Herder

lordlangford submitted a new mod:

LANGYS PIMP MY SHIP MOD - The mod is basically the same as the older FCSMod and buildaship mods For 1.0

Read more about this mod...

2. Ashirat

Ashirat Seal Broken

Hello, first this mod is great thank you but it was a pain deconstructing the default ship.
    Would you consider adding a second ship file that's a box or something simple?

I've also run into two bugs:
    1. No quest started and I got no items even though I left the quest folder in. (It might be because I didn't use a new save just deleted my ship file)
    2. In the spaces marked with red in the image below are invisible indestructible background tiles, the teleporter is in its default position for reference.

ship.png

3. lordlangford

Sure i can make a starter box easy enough, as for the invisible blocks i would say i will have to check the blockkey.config to see if a colour is assigned to something immovable. I also tried to use an existing save and replace my .shipworld file however i had far less success than you have had here, mine retained the tier 8 ship and added the blocks only, that's why i didn't include a blank .shipworld file in the download, it may have to do with the way 1.0 handles ship upgrades. Though thats speculation, ill see if i can get it working for you. ^_^
    But one thing i will do for you is get u a "box ship" you can expect me to post that here as a .png in a little while when i get back home, and later ill put it in an update.

4. lordlangford

Heres a quick "box ship" to replace the one i put in game, just call it wreck and copy it into your \LANGYSPIMPMYSHIPMOD\ships\ (What ever race) folder make sure you save it as wreck.PNG
    [​IMG]
    1. No quest started and I got no items even though I left the quest folder in. (It might be because I didn't use a new save just deleted my ship file)
    ^^^ YES your correct the quest only starts with a new game as it is in fact the "boot ship" quest i replaced.
    I have had minimal success with using an existing character and replacing the shipworld file it seems to leave "artifacts" like the ones in your picture from the previous ship (yours seem to be exactly where the thrusters should have been on my model oddly) but it could be that something from the previous ship world is saved somewhere else in the player data... may be attached to the ship licence data... any way ill hunt around and see if it can be fixed in the mean time your going to have to build around the transparent parts if you intend to use it on that save.
    alternatively a new game should resolve that issue.

5. Ashirat

Ashirat Seal Broken

Thank you very much.
    I did go and make a new character to get the quest items and that seemed to work perfectly.
    In the picture below there's a few more of those artifacts I thought I might aswell show and also as you can see there's parts of the starting ship (it was all there but I've started clearing it out) that overide when I upgraded my ship.
    The solid blocks were left intact but any containers/crafting stations were dropped and buried (they were recoverable) and liquids were overridden
    I'm guessing that's because each of the .structure files in the ships/race folder has the full ship.
    It's not a huge bother as I just cheated all the upgrades so I only have to clear once but It's something you'll want to look into.
    ship2.png

6. lordlangford

Yes upgrading will always revert the ship to the ship's block PNG specified for that tier, the game is very ridged about this i have not tried to use the blank "Void.png" file i included as a base for the follow up tiers maybe that's a solution ill give it a go and see how it works out, if it works expect an updated download.

Update: Replacing it as void was disastrous! the result was all the default blocks entirely vanishing, I'm beginning to think i will start people on as basic a platform as possible

Update: Ok so i figured a solution to this, i will start people on a platform they can fall off this into the "void" but anyone using this mod knows that's a danger any way Basically their "platform" will revert only this area of their ship each time, i wont include thrusters in fact i have half a mind only to include the AI and give new instructions on making it multiplayer compatible, point is the less i put in initially the less they have to deal with whenever the ship updates, in essence i could remove everything but the AI and force them to use the quest to get the transporter captains chair locker etc....
    i may even do that yet... may be ill include a few ship.png files for them to swap between.

[​IMG]

UPDATE: Right so i found there is in fact a bare minimum size that does not crash and that above picture is it, i think based around this most people would accept that ill just have to be sure and document for them.
    expect a mod update is coming soon.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2016
  7. Ashirat

Ashirat Seal Broken

Excellent work, I've only just realized but the new wreck.png you gave me fixed those background blocks.

Thanks for being so responsive, if you want I can post my ship when it's done as an example for the mod page.

lordlangford likes this.
  8. lordlangford

No worries ashirat
    http://www.nexusmods.com/starbound/mods/621?
    I just updated it ^_^ even better png file in this one
    i'm also learning allot about 1.0 from all this. it is allot more temperamental in this area than the beta was.

now to update the copy on this forum... nexus is so much easier to use lol

9. lordlangford

lordlangford updated LANGYS PIMP MY SHIP MOD with a new update entry:

LANGYS PIMP MY SHIP MOD

Read the rest of this update entry...

10. mikeysiscool12

mikeysiscool12 Void-Bound Voyager

Nice MOD works like a charm.

lordlangford likes this.
  11. mikeysiscool12

I made a nice ship using this I really like this MOD plus spawn able item pack you can spawn in vending machines and stuff made the game cooler then it already is.

12. lordlangford

Awesome stuff ^_^

...err i did come here to give some bad news... Found a game breaking bug that i cant do anything about, if you place more than one S.A.I.L terminal it crashes hard and can destroy your ship's save file so DONT EVER place 2 of those.

13. mikeysiscool12

Thank god I was thinking about placing more than 2 thanks for the heads up.

14. lordlangford