1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Lamenting The loss of unique weapons.

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Jandroan, Dec 19, 2015.

1. Jandroan

Jandroan Subatomic Cosmonaut

Does anyone one else notice the change in dungeon npcs? all of the race specific, randomly generated weapons seem to have been removed by the combat update. this now results in npcs, such as avian temple/tomb guards no longer dropping or using avian styled weapons. Same with the batons of the USCM soldiers, the crossbows of the glitch knights, the electric prods of the floran prison guards, the tesla gun of apex lab guards, etc. I miss these weapons, and wish they would return to enhance immersion in dungeons.

Nibolas O Anelbozas likes this.
  2. Nibolas O Anelbozas

Nibolas O Anelbozas Spaceman Spiff

I think they'll put them back soon, they removed the special ones so they could add the new weapon system to them

3. Shaadaris

Shaadaris Giant Laser Beams

I really do hope they add them back in in a later update, but I understand that they may be taking their time, perhaps they're working on giving each unique weapon an eually unique side-ability? That would make it worth it, definitely.

But yes, seeing glitch castle guards decked out in shining armor surrounded by stone walls and firing what looks like a knockoff AK-47 is rather awkward.

STCW262 and Nibolas O Anelbozas like this.
  4. PyreStarite

PyreStarite Space Kumquat

I found a one handed sword on a jungle world that sprays mini plant bombs when you swing.

5. Nibolas O Anelbozas

Nibolas O Anelbozas Spaceman Spiff

Mushroom sword right? btw I'd like to open a topic here, one handed swords are kind of useless now

6. Jandroan

Yeah, one handed axes blow them out of the water, they need a slight buff, along with reducing shield cooldowns

7. PyreStarite

PyreStarite Space Kumquat

Actually, I didn't know the name of it before, but sense I have my game open, its a Katarrhna (If that even helps), and I was mistaken before, its not a plant/fungal sword, its a slime sword that sprays dividing exploding slime bombs. Found it in a slime biome.

Poison

8. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

I don't believe there was ever a system for race specific random weapons. Race specific weapons, yes, but not random.

9. Proydoha

Proydoha Phantasmal Quasar

It was mentioned here, in the patchnotes: playstarbound.com/stable-glad-giraffe-is-here/#more-4036

10. Zuvaii

Zuvaii Heliosphere

So does this mean we lost the almighty Bonehammer?

11. STCW262

STCW262 Heliosphere

It seems like no, althrough now it's a lot worse due to it's lack of secondary fire (Water Swords are still around, and don't have secondary fire, but it's merely a guess).
    What has been lost are the unique weapons from structures; such as Avian Blasters, Needlers (Except for the craftable one), Lightning Coils, Pulse Rifles, etc...

12. Zuvaii

Zuvaii Heliosphere

So the Bonehammer no longer launches projectiles on a swing and it's got the awful charge-up mechanic?

13. STCW262

STCW262 Heliosphere

It means that it's exactly as it used to be, but doesn't have any of the normal hammers' secondary attacks.

14. Zuvaii

Zuvaii Heliosphere

So it swings instantly, launches projectiles on every swing, and has no secondary ability that uses energy? I'm just clarifying.

15. STCW262

STCW262 Heliosphere

Basically, it hasn't changed at all, so yes. That means it is now weaker by comparison, however.

16. Plex_Director

Plex_Director Pangalactic Porcupine

I really miss my revolver collection! Last patch conflicted with too many mods and thus I had to start from scratch.
    Now there's a dire lack of revolvers and it's heartbreaking!

BUT! Here's to hope that they return even more glorious and varied as they were before!
    (The waiting sucks though...)

17. lazarus78

Yes.

18. Zuvaii

Zuvaii Heliosphere

Like hell it's weaker, I get a free shotgun effect with the power of a melee hammer that consumes no energy, swings instantly, and doesn't have some god-awful secondary ability that takes a bajillion years to charge up and most likely miss because so many enemies hop around like those Flea Men from the old Castlevania games.

Shaadaris likes this.
  19. Jandroan

yes, not craftable race-specific weapons, but the ones like the swords and guns the avian guards at temples/tombs used to use/drop for example.

Starbound Weapon picture.png

20. lazarus78

As I said, race specific, yes. Random, no.