REQUEST Lake removal?

Discussion in 'Mods' started by EternalHowl, Mar 23, 2016.

1. EternalHowl

EternalHowl Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Edit: Thank you BoffoBoy for removing it!! Post is not hard to miss but here is a direct link to it. [LINK]

----

I was wondering if it's possible to remove the lake at the southern part of your farm.

This is the lake I'm referring to:
    [​IMG]

I don't know how possible this is, I've seen mods for farm expansions but I don't want that much extra space, just want this lake gone. If this is an already existing mod sorry and please let me know where to go, I've looked everywhere and couldn't find anything.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2016
      cera12sim likes this.
    • She Meows

She Meows Subatomic Cosmonaut

Same. Or make it rectangular like lake or even swimming pool:D<3

• Benji Of Starview Valley

Benji Of Starview Valley Aquatic Astronaut

Would be fun to unlock a miner or landscaper or something to remove and ADD elements to your farm like rivers, lakes, rocks, mountains etc.

Mystiana, castiel65 and Aemi like this.
        • Aemi

Aemi Starship Captain

oooo yes! At this point I have all the buildings i need and all this empty space. Ive been landscaping with paths and trees but being able to put features in would be cool!

Or that swimming pool idea. I DO love that.

• EternalHowl

I wish I knew how to edit these files, the swimming pool sounds cool. Imagine also being able to have a hot spring like the bathhouse in the farm.

• BoffoBoy

BoffoBoy Existential Complex

If I told you I was in the same boat yesterday, would you believe me?

No swimming pools, no lake, no water other than the puddle up top whose land above is fit only for bee hives, here ya go.

Back up everything, saves and old farm.xbn which is hiding in the game directory's Content->Maps

Unzip, take that file out of the archive and drop it on desktop or whatever, then move and replace it in Content->Maps which should have been right there because you just backed up the file right? =)

Be sure to remove any crab pots that might live in that lake before using this.

restart!

Should harm nothing but the water and water access.

Edit: I accidentally left a lake shore tile on map, not the end of world but if you find you need that square, re download and follow the same dealeo!

Thanks blargsnarf for finding it.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 26, 2016
              • EternalHowl

Omg thank you! I'm guessing it's not as complicated as it looks then? I actually tried editing files, but I ended up changing dialogue instead.
                But really, thank you for this works perfectly!

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Changing the lake is actually on the "simple" end of things, and even then its a pain due to tIDE not rlly being userfriendly to use .

EternalHowl and BoffoBoy like this.
                  • BoffoBoy

Amen

• BoffoBoy

Thank you for the feedback!

The crux of the matter is the the editor you use to make such a simple change (tIDE) is this black box room in which you sort of run around blindly, occasionally asking those that have traveled though the same darkness, why something works like that and how come it does this. Thankfully, there are a lot of people willing to help that have traveled such a path.

If ever I find myself with nothing to do, I might actually try a starters guide to tIDE but it's like photoshop in many ways, bit too ... big.... to break down simply.

Jinxiewinxie likes this.
                      • EternalHowl

Of course! I've had no problems with it and I placed paths down and everything. So it is perfect.
                        Also, sounds Interesting, if you ever do such a thing let me know. I might check the editor later myself if I have time. I've known my share of complicated programs, so maybe I can understand if I give it a try. Maybe.

• Jinxiewinxie

Jinxiewinxie Farmer Fashionista

Thank you so much for this! You can even place things over the area (I thought maybe it would still be a pool of water but just wouldn't *look* like one). Rock on!

• blargsnarf

blargsnarf Pangalactic Porcupine

I don't mean to be a party pooper or anything but I'm having trouble with it - one tile (left of my farmer in the screenshot) is acting as a solid, maybe it still thinks it's part of the lake?

StardewModdingAPI 2016-03-26 15-44-12-73.png

• BoffoBoy

Wot? Party pooper? Nooo proper feedback! This is what I need to know but sadly I really have no idea where the tile is from the screen shot as there are no land marks around.

hmm if you could zoom out a bit or give me an x y from say the right most side of the southern exit.

Consider the highlighted square 0,0
                              Exit Spot.png

• blargsnarf

blargsnarf Pangalactic Porcupine

Sure, that was pretty dumb of me. Here's a shot showing the exit at the bottom of the farm and the problem square (with the cursor over it).

If you can make it rain the problem square gets a little highlight above it, if that helps :D.
                                StardewModdingAPI 2016-03-26 16-25-46-26.png

Looks like what, 11 above and 2 to the left of your highlighted square?

• BoffoBoy

Yeah found it, all cleaned up, a really really hard tile to spot left from lake, tIDE is like that.

I uploaded the new farm in the original post with save, since nothing could be built or planted there, safe to dump in on into maps.

Thank you for finding that

blargsnarf likes this.
                                  • doougkun

doougkun Space Hobo

I just remove the little lake on right side. If u want no lakes, like me, just follow the method of BoffoBoy with my file <3

Attached Files:

I <3 Garrus likes this.