1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Lagging so bad I can hardly walk?

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by okmenbamf, Oct 26, 2016.

Tags:
  1. okmenbamf

okmenbamf Space Hobo

my system requirements are just about over the required and I am experiencing HUGE amounts of lag in game and I cant seem to figure it out. Can someone please help?

2. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Please attach the full log located in your storage directory. It's named starbound.log (will show up as "starbound" when you don't have file extensions shown). There are also more logs (.1-.5). These are logs from the sessions before. If you didn't had start the game after the error i don't need them. Use the "Upload a File" button to select and attach the log. Also provide your full specs.

~ Iris ~

3. okmenbamf

okmenbamf Space Hobo

4gb ram, Intel Core i3 - 2330m @ 2.20GHz, as for my graphics card i know that it is an Intel HD but as to which one i have no idea

Attached Files:

4. Iris Blanche

Your log is spammed with
    Code:
    [Error] OpenGL errors this frame:  GL_OUT_OF_MEMORY
    Which is an indicator that you're out of VRAM. Since you're using an Intel HD chipset the VRAM is dynamically assigned by the amount of your RAM where 4GB is definitily too less. It's a hardware restriction on your end.

~ Iris ~

5. okmenbamf

okmenbamf Space Hobo

thats super weird...i play skyrim on medium settings, as well as several online FPS's. this is a strange kind of game to not be able to play on my pc lol

also weird because my ram wasnt all being used, only about 3gb was taken

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 26, 2016
  6. Iris Blanche

Please use the edit function when making additions to your previous post to prevent unnecessary double posting.

Upgrading your RAM to at least 6GB or 8GB should fix the lags you're experiencing. Maybe you can also adjust the used VRAM in your BIOS. I also mentioned above that the VRAM of your chipset depends on the amount of your installed RAM. If you exceed the cap of your VRAM it doesn't matter how much RAM is used. Like i said: It's a hardware restriction on your end.

~ Iris ~

7. Iroaseta

Iroaseta Guest

I'll just quote here to avoid bringing up another thread since I found out I have the same "[Error] OpenGL errors this frame: GL_OUT_OF_MEMORY" as well. My spec is similar to his aside from that I have i3-3110m which has 2.40ghz (not much difference) but I do have a Geforce 820m with 1GB VRAM. I experience lag (FPS drop to around 40 or so) if I load my game for a period of time, around 20 minutes give or take, so sometimes I wonder if it's just my spec being not strong enough for handling this game? I ask this since lag wasn't that bad prior to 1.1 update but I'll just check it up to ensure if my spec is that weak.
    Thanks for taking a look.

Attached Files: