1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Lag when Multiplayer Via Steam Friends enabled

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by MilesTr11, Dec 26, 2016.

1. MilesTr11

MilesTr11 Space Hobo

I have played Starbound a fair few times on this save file/install. This hasn't been an issue until I attempted to play the game today. When I started a new game, I noticed I was getting about 13 FPS solid. For me being on a 1060 with 8 gigs of RAM, I thought this was slightly unusual. After messing around with my settings for ages, I found that disabling Multiplayer Via Steam Friends instantly brought my FPS up past 60 and my game ran fine from then on. This happens on all saves, and is repeatable instantly by ticking or unticking the box. I am running Windows 8.1, and I have very few mods (things like hunger in casual.)

Any insight would be much appreciated.

2. NuclearSlayer52

NuclearSlayer52 Phantasmal Quasar

this happened to me just today (as in about 20ish minutes ago when i joined a world) but i uninstalled every steam mod (i tested by playing direct .exe launch and no lag helping me find it was this)

im on windows 10 so doesnt appear to be that causing the steam lag
    i do know one thing that could be it... if you have hamachi thats a thing related....

are you still getting the lag when you enable it? btw i get it to at most 8 fps but atleast 5 once it loads (the only lag i get thats consistant is when warping and its loading a new area which makes sense so not really a problem)

we both have 8 gb of ram and its fixed by the steam servers setting so thatll hopefully narrow (say narrow repetidly lol) it down... btw i have 3 people in my friends list and 2 have starbound.... so it could be the friend count.... idk

hopefully this gets fixed as this means me and someone else cant play together unless its on a semi well known server aka youll likely find a damaged planet

3. Healthire

Healthire Can't Most Program the Least