Labels and Labelled Chests

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by cortez, Mar 26, 2016.

?

Do you like this suggestion?

1. Yes

9 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. cortez

cortez Void-Bound Voyager

It would be really great to have a system where I can see what is in each chest before I open it. Not literally, of course, but some way to label them so that I can see that this one has Artisan Goods and that one has Resources, for example. At the moment, it's a bit of a hassle to go through all of my chests trying to find a single item; an activity that should take five seconds can take one to two minutes.

Failing the creation of labelled chests, why not just make labels that can be attached to items? You just hover over an item and it displays what was written on the label.

Tamorr and Seveska like this.
    • Tamorr

Tamorr Supernova

Yes this would be nice, especially the second part. Could be when you open the chest up there will be a side slot for label.

I also wouldn't mid seeing other visual looks for chests. So there would be another way to organize things. But yes someway to see at a glance or hover. :nuruhappy:

• Sienikakku

Sienikakku Poptop Tamer

:nurutease::nurutease:I think it would be cool to make a tiny poster that you could put on your wall: using cloth and one item it would be like painting-like thing that you can put on wall over the chest.

Like if you take cloth and some mineral like gold bar or gold ore and craft them to get the painting you would know yourself what means what.

Same with crop & cloth or food & cloth or furniture & cloths or ...

• Caudyr

Caudyr Black Hole Surfer

I do like the idea of labels, at the very least...though being able to label chests would be great. I do tend to use the same chest setup so that I can at least REMEMBER how my chests are setup, though...but...yeah. ^^

• Sienikakku

Sienikakku Poptop Tamer

Yeah. When you have like a few chests its ok. But when there is more than 5 it already gets complicated.

I place for example chests with food in my kitchen and so on. But then the others... I just check they always like was it in here? Or there?

• Caudyr

Caudyr Black Hole Surfer

Heh, yeah. THough that's also why I set up my chest area in such a way that I can access most of them w/o moving much. =x

Sienikakku likes this.
              • Sienikakku

Sienikakku Poptop Tamer

Or maybe you could make simply different looking chests like a mini safe for copper, gold and so on if you like (it would look good) or that wardrope looking chest for hats and boots for example like is discussed in another thread ( http://community.playstarbound.com/...hen-you-feel-like-something-different.111861/ ).

The crafting recipe just would change, the look of item would change but inside it would just be chest-like.

Also the safe thing was discussed in another thread where they wanted a place to put money in ( http://community.playstarbound.com/threads/a-bank.111170/ ).

• Jinxiewinxie

Jinxiewinxie Farmer Fashionista

LesserZ, Caudyr and Tamorr like this.
                • LesserZ

LesserZ Poptop Tamer

I've got this mod also, pretty nice. I use a PS3 controller on my laptop when playing this game. I noticed one thing though. My right analog stick handles my mouse control, but when I hover over the name change part for the label, I can't select it. But when I grab the actual mouse and click it, it allows me to change the label then. It's no biggy, just something I noticed when trying the mod on my system.

• OrSpeeder

OrSpeeder Phantasmal Quasar

Thanks for reporting that! I will try to fix it later!