REQUEST Krobus as marriage candidate?

Discussion in 'Mods' started by digitalsonder, Mar 20, 2016.

1. Zosa

Zosa Cosmic Narwhal

at that point though why not just make a new npc? i think the purpose of marrying krobus is being fond of the character himself, it just seems a little off if he has a different face and a different name

• DelDiz

DelDiz Space Spelunker

I don't know. I was just trying to think of a workaround.

• Zosa

Zosa Cosmic Narwhal

no, no, i get it

• DelDiz

DelDiz Space Spelunker

I thought the whole "finding a disguise" thing would be a cute scenario and help to develop some chemistry between the hero and Krobus. It wouldn't even have to be a completely human form. Imagine if he just went around in a hoodie and bandana, trying to blend in, learning about human concepts and traditions. Maybe on a visit to the library it's revealed that Krobus doesn't know how to read, and the character decides to teach him. Then for the final heart event, the Dwarf could confront Krobus on the surface, asking him who he's trying to fool, and he realizes the only person who really matters to him already knows what he is and begins to despair until the character arrives to comfort him.

• Zosa

Zosa Cosmic Narwhal

hm.... i think i just realized my affection for krobus isn't the same as yours.

• DelDiz

DelDiz Space Spelunker

Huh?

• Zosa

Zosa Cosmic Narwhal

don't mind it, just know i am not qualified to make suggestions anymore :rofl:

• DelDiz

DelDiz Space Spelunker

Yours are still just as valid as mine.

• Zosa

Zosa Cosmic Narwhal

not really, i don't feel nearly as strongly about him as you do by any measure. i think he is cute and i don't want him living in the sewers by himself, you actually seem to be into the idea of dating him seriously in the game. i can see that i am super not qualified to be part of a marriage conversation when i clearly don't care as much as i ought to about the character X''D

• DelDiz

DelDiz Space Spelunker

Well, if I'm gonna spend the rest of my in-game life with a character, I'd like to have more of a connection to him than exchanging a bunch of gifts and then popping the question after buttering him up enough.

• Zosa

Zosa Cosmic Narwhal

that is totally fair! you want a spouse not a flatmate you can smooch X''D

• DelDiz

DelDiz Space Spelunker

Even more so since characters like Shane have such emotional story arcs in the game. Even if you decide not to marry them, you can help change their lives for the better.

• ChunMeigui

ChunMeigui Void-Bound Voyager

I think you might have an idea here to it. Krobus going to the surface wearing a baseball cap or sun hat like a farmer might where to protect himself. and even having a moment with the hero when they meet saying something like "Shhhsushshhh....when I wear the hat I go by Kyro (i'm not name clever)" and the character pretty much stays the same. Your making a new npc, but, it's still the same character. and to explain the characters being in two seperate places. simply have hat Krobus never do anything or walk anywhere that leads to the sewers. and if question the sewer version, maybe add some text in stating something simple about outside.

Maybe there is a way to code if you marry hat Krobus a new text file will unlock with sewer Krobus stating "I'm at work today honey"

just a few random thoughts...

thingwithwings likes this.
                            • DelDiz

DelDiz Space Spelunker

That's pretty much what I had in mind. He's still the same Krobus we know and love on the inside, his world is just a little bit bigger.

• discobee

discobee Aquatic Astronaut

Idea: Just name him Krobus, but with an umlaut over the O!

• digitalsonder

digitalsonder Scruffy Nerf-Herder

A very long time ago, when I first made this thread, I saw fanart on deviantart and suggested that Krobus should have something like a parasol so he can go out in bright light.
                                  Shadow brutes are capable of being in daylight to a certain degree, as seen with the one Shadow Brute where you get the magnify glass.
                                  All I would need is a programmer and I'd love to create one!! I have a number of ideas already that I'd love to incorporate.
                                  I may consider making a making a mode request thread and listing the ideas there and maybe even already create dialogues and just leave it there for a programmer to pick up.

• TheWolfyGirl

TheWolfyGirl Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'm making a mod currently! So far it just replaces Krobus's hug sprite to look more like a kiss, but I've started on making events. I'm only on the first (it works but I haven't finished writing it). I have a few ideas for events, but I'd certainly like to hear other peoples!

At the moment I also have the multiple spouses mod (even though Krobus is my one and only), it lets you have kids and replaces the smiley that pops up when you hug Krobus to the heart that spouses get (with the sprite edit from my mod - boom! real kiss)

CmdrZorah and Ark9 like this.
                                    • CmdrZorah

CmdrZorah Guest

OMG, really?? You have no idea how long I’ve waited for a proper Krobus romance mod!! No rush, but know that I’m beyond excited for this!!

• TheWolfyGirl

TheWolfyGirl Scruffy Nerf-Herder