1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated Kobold Race v0.1 Giraffe Like Kobold

A savage race of unintelligent, but adorable kobolds.

1. CaptainKobold

CaptainKobold Pangalactic Porcupine

I've been sooooooo busy.

-Still alive, still kickin', hoping to come back, Cap

2. Bucketlamp

Bucketlamp Giant Laser Beams

late response, but glad to see you're still around Cap.

3. Cestus Aprell

Cestus Aprell Void-Bound Voyager

More colours?

4. CaptainKobold

Woof.

It has been so long since I've updated this. If sometime I have some more time on my hands, I'd love to get involved with it again, but life is super-busy. PhD programs are no joke, man. I've worked full time in the past and this is *SO* much more.

5. Cestus Aprell

Cestus Aprell Void-Bound Voyager

We understand you have a life too lol

CaptainKobold likes this.
  6. CaptainKobold

I would very much like to keep on getting this stuff going. Got a group of friends now interested in playing Starbound on a server, so I'd hella love to be able to be a kobold in there.

Artay001 and Cestus Aprell like this.
  7. Bucketlamp

Still have my sprites saved. Just waiting on marching orders.

8. CaptainKobold

Do you really? Man, glaaaarg, I want to get this running again. But so much of my time is taken by work.

Maybe end of March? I've got a bit of time off.

9. Luthor614

Luthor614 Cosmic Narwhal

You could always toss it up on Github like what happened with the Avali mod...and that's been nothing but great, I've worked on it too :)
    That way you can always make the final say on what happens with pulls/updates but then you get extra sets of hands from volunteers that wanna help ya!

10. Bucketlamp

The github solution could be interesting, we do already have art assets we could use, depends on how capt' feels about this.

11. Luthor614

Luthor614 Cosmic Narwhal

It seems to have worked well elsewhere, i.e. Avali & FU. That way just about anybody who has any sort of know-how can participate in some way or form :)

12. CaptainKobold

It definitely wouldn't bother me at all, though I'll admit I've never done anything through github! I'd love to see the kobold mod come to life with people who can put more time towards it!

13. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

I can't really help with your mod atm, but I just maybe got a coder for a tools mod I am planning and shovels were a planned inclusion so eventually I could supply you with a really cool Wooden Shovel tool that isn't just a weak pickaxe. :DD

Also, I have a WIP example race mod which could work well for you too.

Luthor614 likes this.
  14. CaptainKobold

Hello Intrepid Kobold-Players!

So, this mod has more or less died, but I still get messages through the forum, commented on the GDoc, etc from time to time, so I thought I'd reach out and kind of give an idea of what's going on with it!

I'm wildly busy these days with other projects (including a tabletop rpg hacking podcast www.stophackandroll.com!) which is taking up much of my creative energy. I'd love to get the Kobold Mod going again, but it's been such a long time I hardly remember what any of the things do. The sort of coding I was doing and massive plans I had for the mod initially are probably just beyond me at this point.

So, here are some options.
    1) If someone else wants to take over the mod, they are more than free to! Bucketlamp did much of the visual design, but as far as I know, just give credit. If that happens, you know, sky's the limit!
    2) If someone wants to take over art direction, I can put together a somewhat basic version of the mod, instead of the wild random generation plans I had, just a regular core race to explore the galaxy. And who knows, maybe once I get my feet wet, I'll want to dive back in.
    3) If multiple people want to join in and help out, we can start setting up some jobs with it and we can see what happens!

Saint Apollyon likes this.