1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Known technical problems and possible solution

Discussion in 'Support' started by lowbro, Feb 26, 2016.

1. lowbro

lowbro Intergalactic Tourist

Hello. This is a collection of known problems which prevent you from playing the game, and possible solutions to them. I try and update this post to keep it as helpful as possible, considering posts in this forums and ongoing discussions in the chat.

Common Solutions:
    1. Clear steam game cache.
    2. Reinstall the game.

0001 - Problem: The game crashes as it attempts to save for the first time (after the Intro) (reported by ??? in IRC)
    Crash Log: http://puu.sh/nmxdj/320f99219e.png
    Solution 1: Installing to some other drive than E: (or to any drive than the one the game is installed on)

0002 - Problem: Steam goes into "Not responding..." after attempt to start the game. (reported by ??? in IRC)
    Solution 1: Reinstall the game.

0003 - Problem: "This game has stopped responding" after hitting "Play" in Steam (reported by ??? in IRC)
    Solution: ???
    Note: It was an audio error thrown by a microsoft library, as far as I remember.
    Note: Maybe related to 0002? Solution 1 did not work.

0004 - Problem: I can't find the Soundtrack DLC (reported by ALL OF US, APE. WHERE'S THE STUFF?)
    Note: ;)
    Note: Seems to be a steam/server problem and will be solved shortly. Hopefully. APE! DAT COST US ANOTHER FIVER!

0005 - Problem: Crash after attempt to save after adopting (first) pet (reported by ytug in IRC)
    Note: User seemed to be unable to find any error log in his %appdata%.

In hope that ConcernedApe does not take the 4-digit problem identifier too personal :p

lowbro

Last edited: Feb 27, 2016