OOC King's Metropolis

Discussion in 'Role Playing' started by The Squid, Jan 25, 2016.

1. The Squid

The Squid Oxygen Tank

King's Metropolis
    PLOT
    Alpha Threshold IV. Once the home of a magnificent ocean, now a glittering metropolis that spans the length of the entire planet. Enormous bridges that hold skyscrapers hundreds of storys tall hang over the ancient waters below.
    After a small group of pirates docks in one of the city's shadier ports, the Intergalactic Law Enforcement (ILE) descend upon the planet and put it into lockdown; no one gets in, no one gets out. Though the citizens protest, the ILE has one goal that they will go to any lengths to achieve: eradicate all crime from the planet, no matter what the cost.
    As a small band of pirates, you must survive the hostile city and outsmart bounty hunters, corrupt city officials, and the ILE itself.

-No OP characters
    -No excessive swearing/arguing
    -No OOC talk in the RP thread
    -No killing or harming other players or NPCs for no reason
    -Only post stuff that makes sense

Normal forum rules apply.

Name:
    Race: [please ask about modded races]
    Description: [picture optional]
    Personality:
    Traits:
    Flaws:
    Other:

Alive: Aequi
    Timberwolf
    Theory
    Marco
    Dead: nobody :(
    Other: Vincent

Last edited: Feb 10, 2016
    Sir Wilfrey likes this.
  2. Roland Weiss

Roland Weiss Tiy's Beard

Sounds interesting, you can count me in, if you'll have me. Just need to think of an appropriate character...

Sir Wilfrey and The Squid like this.
  3. zeskorion

zeskorion Oxygen Tank

Same here, what Roland said

4. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

This sounds interesting, I'll have to see what comes of it..

5. Sir Wilfrey

Sir Wilfrey Spaceman Spiff

I have enough insane and evil characters, but if there was some kind of compromise I would gladly hop right in!

Alkanthe likes this.
  6. Roland Weiss

Roland Weiss Tiy's Beard

Alright, I've got a character idea I've been floating; but it mainly hinges on weather cybernetics are appropriate for the setting?
    Who says we have to be insane and/or evil?

zeskorion and Alkanthe like this.
  7. Sir Wilfrey

You all play as pirates, I can't be a shining knight or even roguish good guy if I'm raiding stuff and getting into evildoing. (As fun as that sounds, lol)

Alkanthe likes this.
  8. Roland Weiss

Roland Weiss Tiy's Beard

We might be criminals, but it doesn't mean we have to be savages.

9. Sir Wilfrey

I suppose that's a very good point! I'll consider a character App now.

10. The Squid

The Squid Oxygen Tank

I'd never really thought about it, but I guess you could be some kind of good guy. Also, cybernetics are allowed, so long as they're not overpowered. To go along with the plot, I'm gonna say that interplanetary communications are pretty limited.

Sir Wilfrey and Alkanthe like this.
  11. Sir Wilfrey

I'm thinking he could be a member of ILE, but sees some rather shifty motives and joins the pirates in order to spare them the ILE's "methods" or something. Or not, however you react to it.

The Squid and Alkanthe like this.
  12. The Squid

The Squid Oxygen Tank

That sounds fine. It seems like an interesting character.

Alkanthe and Sir Wilfrey like this.
  13. Sir Wilfrey

May I post my App here?

The Squid likes this.
  14. The Squid

The Squid Oxygen Tank

Of course!

Sir Wilfrey likes this.
  15. TΔktik

TΔktik Phantasmal Quasar

I guess I have a character concept, and this looks pretty interesting, but I may or may not end up joining.

The Squid likes this.
  16. Sir Wilfrey

Name: Vincent "Dandy" Dolan

Race: Human

Back story: Born on Earth, but was evacuated as a child and raised on an ILE fleet at 14 through 18. Parents died before they could reach the evac ship, making parents a touchy subject for him. Enlisted out of gratitude at 18th birthday, but he's soon to find life with the ILE is not as glamorous as it seems..

Description: Blonde, blue-eyed, Caucasian, 5'6, very lightweight (Safe assumption would be 100 pounds, give or take), 18, broad-shouldered. When not wearing his uniform: Blue jeans, brown work boots, typically a black T-shirt. An unusually noticeable warm smile most of the time.

Personality: Light-hearted, kind, strong sense of morality and loyalty.

Traits: Fairly good shot with assault rifles, quick thinker, fast on his feet, good memory.

Flaws: Innocent and occasionally gullible, quick to assume, not the strongest guy on the block, tends to hold grudges.

Other: Has an obsession with food, particularly honey, bordering on unnerving. Unbelievable appetite and metabolism, which explains his hyperactivity. He's the kind of guy to run from cover to cover, unleashing barrages of assault fire and confusing the enemy, likely being a huge target while his less-noticeable friends take care of business closer.

TΔktik, The Squid and Alkanthe like this.
  17. Roland Weiss

Roland Weiss Tiy's Beard

Name: Thomas ‘Timberwolf’ Somerset

Race: Human

Back story: Born and raised in a rural setting, Timberwolf learned to shoot at a young age, and quickly developed a passion for marksmanship. Not wanting to be trapped on colonial planet out in the fringe led to him to throwing his lot in with pirates, using his skills with a rifle to earn his keep. Before long, he has taken with the pirate lifestyle, enjoying the freedom that his old life never gave him. Hanging out with the wrong crowd eventually led to to an explosives related accident, leaving him blinded and crippled. Luckly, he was able to save enough money to afford cybernetic prosthetics to replace what he had lost. Now a veteran in the business, he’ll no doubt serve as a mentor to some of the younger members of the crew.

Description: In a word, grey. His hair, most of his outfit and the irises of his cybereyes are coloured grey. Regularly seen wearing a heavy coat with a destictive design on the right shoulder. His cybernetic arm is somewhat bulky, barely fitting into the sleeve of his coat. The rest of his cybernetics are also fairly obvious, finished with dull grey metal.

Personality: Patient but competitive, Timberwolf enjoys a good challenge; when the chips are down, he tends to be bloody-minded about surrendering. Also, don’t shorten his nickname, he’ll deliberately ignore you.

Traits: He is a crack shot, serving as the crew’s designated marksman, and has extensive cybernetics including a prosthetic left arm and eyes. The arm has improved strength, allowing for more stable shots with his rifle; while his eyes are capable of light amplification and telescopic vision. He also possesses the know-how to fix his hardware, given he has to time and tools to do so.

Flaws: His cybernetics are overbuilt, making them somewhat bulky and distinctive; his arm needs regular maintenance, or it’ll become prone to failure. His compeditive nature will also no doubt get him into trouble.

Other: His favoured weapon is a sniper railgun, a 10kg beast of a rifle designed to reliably punch through body armour and light vehicle armour. It is a fairly clumsy gun, of little use at close range; so he carries a pistol as a backup.
    Theme Song: Shine on You Crazy Diamond by Pink Floyd

18. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

Oh yeah, and I think I'll be joining, probably bringing a Glitch hacker to the lineup if you don't mind.

19. zeskorion

zeskorion Oxygen Tank

I will make a character- an avian explosives expert

The Squid and Alkanthe like this.
  20. TΔktik

TΔktik Phantasmal Quasar

Name: Aequi Siek

Race: Hylotl

Back story: Aequi was born on a quiet Hylotl colony. She didn't have much of a bond with her family- In fact, they were quite negligent. This was quite a dull life, and Aequi soon began to crave excitement- This led her to stow away on a transport vessel at the age of 20 (In Hylotl years. She is currently 25 years old.), sneaking food(And whatever booze she could find) from the ship's hold. Inevitably, when the ship reached its destination, the crew discovered her, and quickly proceeded to remove her from the ship, quite forcibly. Law enforcement on this planet was very limited, meaning that pirates were very active there. She made an arrangement with the captain of one of these pirate vessels to join the crew, still seeking adventure- She was welcomed into the crew, and this desire was certainly fulfilled- But after the ILE caught up with them, they got into quite a fix. Whatever happens next is going to be interesting...

Description: Fairly tall and muscular with a single crimson fin on her head(Over the top of her head and down the back of her neck) and light-grey skin. She usually wears light body armor.

Personality: She has a seemingly harsh demeanor, but in reality, she really cares about the crew- Although she tends to make up excuses to hide this fact. She tries to avoid killing unless it is necessary.

Traits: -Fairly strong physically
    -Decent shot
    -Decisive

Flaws:-Overconfident
    -Can be reckless
    -Often hostile when dealing with strangers(And occasionally her crewmates, though she would never resort to violence against them)
    -Works very poorly with complicated technology(Although she won't acknowledge that fact)
    -When she drinks alcohol, she drinks far too much
    -Not very stealthy at all

Other: She is one of the crew's direct fighters, taking a quad-barreled semi-automatic flechette gun into battle, along with a combat knife for close-quarters combat.
    (The flechette gun[Or needler] is fairly large and heavy, but it is certainly effective in combat. Aequi carries it on her belt when not in combat.The flechettes are around six centimeters long and fired with a moderate level of deviation, creating a scatter type of effect. The weapon is effective at medium range. The projectiles are retrieved after a period of ten seconds, using small-scale teleportation tech. [I can change that if you want.])
    (Also, the gun is taken from the dead body of an ILE officer.)

The Squid likes this.