Feedback Kicked out of server every 5 minutes.

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by Sweetleaf, Sep 2, 2018.

?

How many experience this issue aswell?

1. Yes

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. No

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. Sweetleaf

Sweetleaf Space Hobo

What the title says. When playing with friends that are hosting the game, I get kicked out every five minutes or so with a "Server has closed the connection", except they haven't and they are still in the game. This happens both when we're playing in the same room on the same Wifi and when we're miles apart.

There is nothing wrong with my internet and the speeds are fine on both ends.

I even thought it might be a dynamic IP address issue on my side and changed all settings. Reinstalled visual C++, updated Steam etc etc. Nothing works. Been googling and redditing this issue for a week now without results. Not a lot of people seem to have this problem; some have made it work somehow.

Is the general consensus that I should skip Steam somehow, or that I should be player over LAN, or something else entirely? I could really use the help now because I love the game but can't play it together with friends.

Btw - NEVER had these problems in multiplayer while it was in beta.

• UnexpectedParole

UnexpectedParole Phantasmal Quasar

I had this problem in Beta. A lot. Sitting in the same room with my son both on laptops and on the same server no less.
      We never could determine what the problem was. One day it would be fine. Say 5pm to 2am. then next day say 10am to 5pm nothing but every 5 minds dropping. Then next, 10am to 5pm ok.. Wierd.

I have not been able to test multi-player without the Beta yet. Scheduling conflicts. I will let you know what I found out.

• Mom2Gamer

Mom2Gamer Phantasmal Quasar

I could get mine connected, but wasn't able to stay connected very long. I was directly jacked into an Ethernet cable, so I didn't understand why I kept loosing connection. As you can guess my my username, I'm a mom. So I, of course, had about 10 tabs open (and maybe not every mom does this, but every mom I know does). And it turns out, this will slow down / lag your game and sometimes cause it to crash. Also, it can cause connectivity issues, which I was also having on occasion.

Now that I know this, I try to shut down most tabs before I start my game. Since most are saved to open when I start my browser anyway, it's no big loss. ;)