Keys binding

Discussion in 'Other' started by lousebi, Dec 4, 2013.

1. Tamorr

Tamorr Supernova

This would be nice to see when it is added. I can only hope that I can remap and use it to map a specific control to it with a specific program i use. For now I guess I have adapted, even if a bit clumsy like in movement. Anyway it is good to see it is being looked into to some degree. :D

2. Arte

Arte What do you get if you multiply six by nine?

I actually registered to this forum to say i just cant play with WASD configuration. Such an overcome make the game totally unplayable for me.
    Key binding should be in any game that uses keyboard now... It is the last time i pay for a beta.
    I hope i could be refunded but i know it is not possible, i'm just screwed.

I hope someone read this : if you dont like playing with WASD, dont buy this game !

Uninstalling now... :(

Bilgato and Xech like this.
  3. lordroy

lordroy Void-Bound Voyager

So, I just bought the game, saw this image:
    [​IMG]

and then found this thread, seeing that the image was posted over a month ago. Is this supposed to be implemented anytime soon?

N.R.Gunne and Fhqwhgod like this.
  4. Tamorr

Tamorr Supernova

One can only speculate right now... But the devs have mentioned key bindings, so I can only guess that if not the next update then it will be in game eventually... It wouldn't make sense otherwise. Still a long ways to go it seems, to be out of stage 1 of the process.

Fhqwhgod likes this.
  5. Xech

Xech Void-Bound Voyager

You must be trolling. If not, please find some left-handed scissors for your eye sockets.

Fhqwhgod, ThisIsPatrick and Bilgato like this.
  6. Kailen4

Kailen4 Void-Bound Voyager

I am a left-handed as well. Locking the controls to WASD is not a "minor oversight". It makes the game literally unplayable to a portion of the fanbase. And that is never a good thing, especially when it is something that can be easily corrected. I realize that this is an early access beta, but did they really not have a single person working on this game that customizes controls to their own preferences?

I eagerly await this problem to be fixed, so that I can actually try out the game I paid for.

Fhqwhgod likes this.
  7. Xech

Xech Void-Bound Voyager

Furious Koala happened 45 days after this post and it STILL doesn't have key bindings. Rather disappointed.

"We look forward to hearing what you think about the patch. This was a very big one this time around."

We look forward to being able to play your game.

Fhqwhgod, Kailen4 and Jirva like this.
  8. Wagner_U

Wagner_U Seal Broken

man i have the same feeling...

Fhqwhgod likes this.
  9. Lyker

Lyker Space Hobo

You NEED to add some way for us to remap the keys.
    Just let us to it thru a settings file or whatever !

Lefthanded people can't play your game.

Fhqwhgod likes this.
  10. Fhqwhgod

Fhqwhgod Orbital Explorer

I get my hope up with every new update...

miruki and Xech like this.
  11. lordroy

lordroy Void-Bound Voyager

Still no rebind-able keys with the new update, I am disappoint.

12. Gonzalord

Gonzalord Aquatic Astronaut

yeh we need key binding, i create a user in this forum to ask for this, i purchase the game the day after release and i cant play.... i ve long specting the new patch for this basic thing and nothing... please ppl look in to it

13. Tek2974

Tek2974 Void-Bound Voyager

Hey Devs put keybinding in. At this stage in the game there's no excuse why there's not a keybind system.

14. Parlonsbien

Parlonsbien Orbital Explorer

French Player with an Azerty Keybord here.

Just to remind you of my configuration :
    a z e r
    q s d f
    w x c v

Very fucking annoying to drop an item with the key normally used for going left, nor to go left with the "A" so uncomfortable.

Bought the game, tried to played despite all this, then abandoned, tired of throwing my object every time I forgot to hit "a" instead of "q" to go left.

Make this game playable for French (and others !)

15. emad

emad Void-Bound Voyager

i just hate the fact that i cant change the controles becuase i like playing with WASD but the W in the game is not jump so in the game i press W forgeting the space is jump

16. zir

zir Big Damn Hero

They are currently working on this feature right now ... check their twitter

17. zir

zir Big Damn Hero

Or if you want key bindings urgently now and don't mind to buy stuff. Get ze Razer Orbweaver. You can bind tons of stuff

18. zir

zir Big Damn Hero

19. klownk

klownk Scruffy Nerf-Herder

It's just amazing that there is still NO key binding at this moment !
    It's just a top priority feature in ALL games since video game EXIST !
    WTF ??!?

So stop implement hats and do that ! What are you waiting for ? Christmas ?

20. zir

zir Big Damn Hero

They are working on the feature right now ...

N.R.Gunne likes this.