Keys binding

Discussion in 'Other' started by lousebi, Dec 4, 2013.

1. YeBittenDog

YeBittenDog Aquatic Astronaut

Wow. Amazing work guys! Love this dev team!

Fhqwhgod likes this.
  2. ryanmarkel

ryanmarkel Space Hobo

Dvorak-using players the world over will thank you for this. :)

Fhqwhgod likes this.
  3. kurtramone

kurtramone Void-Bound Voyager

There's anyway to edit the keys manually, editing files or something?

Left handed for gaming. Right handed for writing.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2013
    Fhqwhgod likes this.
  4. Cpaz

Cpaz Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Autohotkey...but that either doesn't work or is glitchy...

Fhqwhgod likes this.
  5. Klokinator

Klokinator Big Damn Hero

I just wanted to make W the jump button lol.

Fhqwhgod likes this.
  6. Drakalibus

Drakalibus Space Hobo

ok i have fibromyalgia and awds i literally painful and on top of that i threw my diamond drill in the lava. please hurry qwes is so much more comfortable for movment

Fhqwhgod likes this.
  7. Madka

Madka Space Spelunker

+1 I can't enjoy the game too. Need to rebind keys.

Fhqwhgod likes this.
  8. Scaretactic

Scaretactic Big Damn Hero

can't believe you people use being left handed as an excuse for this.
    Why do you intentionally cripple yourself in a right handed computer world by learning to use the mouse with your left hand. All I can say to that is - it's your own fault.
    There are tons of programs that allow you to re-map your layout and guess what they come with profiles that you can change on the fly.

This thread : head -> desk
    just wait this feature is in the making no need for 6 pages full of spam and whining

9. Niran

Niran Cosmic Narwhal

I have to agree. Keymapping is in making, thats for 120% sure. There is really no need to complain and whine here. Objectively seen its somewhat egoistic to want a keymapping feature because you cannot play otherwise, ofcourse its something that should be default but really folks, this thread is really obselete since it has been said already its in making.

10. Klokinator

Klokinator Big Damn Hero

This thread was made weeks before key-mapping was announced and it was announced as a result of this thread.

I agree that further posts in this thread are pointless but insulting people for needing something to accommodate them for a preference that fully 30% of the world's population shares is beyond stupid.

Bilgato, Xech and Fhqwhgod like this.
  11. Omegamario

Omegamario Intergalactic Tourist

Keybinding could be a useful feature especially when if you have tech equipped and want to insta-swap for combining Energy Dash + Pulse Jump to clear huge gaps or other tech combos that I have yet to discover. So far we have to open the inventory and have the tech panel visible so during mid jump we can activate the Pulse jump for the final part. I would really love a tech switch button set so it could be like this;
    • Tech slot 1 - "Key here"
    • Tech slot 2 - "Key here"
    • Tech slot 3 - "Key here"
    • Tech slot 4 - "Key here"

12. Niran

Niran Cosmic Narwhal

How about we dont have to switch at all? Most Techs are totally seperately triggered, also they announced already that they made a workaround quickswitch button for now until they implement their proper Tech system which will most likely allow us to use all of them at the same time.

Klokinator likes this.
  13. kurtramone

Any PC game nowadays MUST have keybindings. I pre-order BF4 + Premium, you know what I got? Crashes and more crashes, and I can't bind INSERT and DELETE for GOD knows why.

So if a game is in beta it's an excuse, but a finished game it's not.

It feels like the game devs don't know what is a MUST for a basic start. Options -> resolutions -> video settings ->keybindings -> sound options.

And it does not matter how big they are, and how many A's there's in a game.

You know why BF4 is still crashing? People like you still on DICE's side. What a shame. It's everywhere unfortunately.

Fhqwhgod likes this.
  14. Niran

Niran Cosmic Narwhal

No one here is on DICE's side, apart from that, how can you even compare a triple A big company game that is "FINISHED" which is bound to be bad because its from EA with an indie game that is made by only a few people effectively and as you said is only in Beta.

EDIT: Also why do you even buy a game from EA/DICE, why do you even buy Battlefield4 if you know its from a company that manages to break every game? why do you even complain about it if you should have known something like this was going to happen? why are you supporting such games at all? I guess

Last edited: Dec 30, 2013
  15. Scaretactic

You are just a bloody casual who can't play without keymapping. Back in my days shit like keymapping did not exist. you either got used to the controls or failed miserably.
    Shows how good of a gamer you actually are if this little thing hinders you.

16. kurtramone

If your cable TV goes down, what you DO? You tell then you have a problem, they will find it and fix it. Tell people to not do that like: "There is really no need to complain and whine here" its exact the same thing BF4 comunity said when the games was a beta, DO not complain it's just a beta. After the beta do NOT complain it's your PC fault (yeah, and like a million people PC's too).

You have to tell the devs, you have to give feed back IT'S BETA!

You two seems to think I'm against the game or something, so I'll make it clear, nope I'm not (brought 4 pack on Steam). But somethings MUST be there since day 1. It's basic.

Scaretactic You are too old. Don't worry I'm too. New things (keybind) don't mean bad things. It's evolution baby.

Tikkamasala likes this.
  17. Niran

Niran Cosmic Narwhal

Ahahahah. Haha. Ha, hah...*rolls on floor*

Everything is made for 12 year old people, obviously!

Again. Hahaha. You are saying that you are really expecting EA to change anything, fix things up and make good games. EA & Good Games = Never.

It's not the PC's fault that BF4 doesn't run well. It's the user in front of the PC. Why does the user even buy something with "EA" on it.

18. Scaretactic

Maybe you shouldn't buy a game made by aforementioned companies if you are so sure that they will deliver a crappy game. You did what they wanted you to do - you paid them.
    What's their incentive to fix the game now that they have your money on their bank account ? Think twice. You are the one who's on DICE's side here, not me. They didn't get a single penny of my paycheck.
    And I'm not saying that keybindings are bad I'm merely saying that you can play without them or find ways around the issue. All this whining is pointless.
    (That guy is still a bloody casual that should go back to console gaming)

19. destroyer.of.universes

destroyer.of.universes Space Spelunker

I need it because this is very annoying because q is the drop key and it's right next to w and a so I'm fairy oftenly dropping my good weapons and i trash any weapon that isn't a broad sword or a big ax with good swing speed and damage so when I drop something without noticing im stuck in delta and x sector wit,h nothing to protect myself

20. starius

starius Space Hobo

what a troll...

im left for the mouse because a couple missing fingers, you heartless bastard. so using wasd is practically impossible.

Dragomok, Bilgato and Fhqwhgod like this.