Kent’s Bored

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Coldhollow, Dec 20, 2017.

Tags:
?

Hire Kent?

1. Yes

2 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. No

2 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. Coldhollow

Coldhollow Space Hobo

G’day
    Now, I don’t know if this has been suggested before, and apologies if it has. But I figured, since this Kent fellow has gotten back from the army, he’s been doing nothing but sit under a tree and wander. And he keeps saying he doesn’t know what to do with himself, why not add the ability to hire him? Give him something relaxing to do after being in the military.
    Cheers

medicdude likes this.
    • Honor Shipping

Honor Shipping Big Damn Hero

Give him a sake or something. If he's one of those people who are.... entertaining, shall we say, when they're drunk, then you can laugh your ass off, too. Win-win as far as I'm concerned.

• medicdude

medicdude Intergalactic Tourist

The ability to simply hire any NPC as a helper for the farm would be really nice, even if not implemented for most default NPCs. Maybe require a gold/day to make it a little balanced, or have an expensive end-game structure as a break room or something to enable it. They could automatically water, collect growth, replant around sprinklers or any open tilled tile, collect and perform animal maintenance, collect/refill structures, collect tree sap, shake/collect tree seeds and fruit, fell non-tapped regular trees, thin out grass for wheat, bring wheat/beats to the mill.

If you coded structures smartly you could just have them trigger npc actions to fill/collect/interact when they are ready for such an action, then have a menu for toggling, perhaps a daily or time based interaction limit so their movements do not need to be actively tracked. They might need to perform actions in accordance with time of day, or all at once at the end of the day, or could just do it similar to the junipo hut helpers.

@Coldhollow could you remove the vote from the thread; people can like or comment, no need to add a vote.