1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Keep Your Day Job! 2017-02-28

Allows you to reject crewmembers - turning them back into villagers

1. magewish4

magewish4 Pangalactic Porcupine

magewish4 submitted a new mod:

Keep Your Day Job! - Allows you to reject crewmembers - turning them back into villagers

Read more about this mod...

2. deathlessmaster1

deathlessmaster1 Void-Bound Voyager

does the "already crew members turn into villagers" installation bug effect crew members that are already hired and on your ship, or only the ones who are waiting to be hired on planets?

3. magewish4

Crew members that are already hired should drop a 'Tenant Deed' - it operates like a Colony Deed, but only spawns that crewmember. The type of tenant is based on their crewmember type.
    Npcs who have turned into crewmembers but have NOT been hired will turn into a regular npc if rejected. If you installed the mod AFTER they turned into a crewmember, the mod has no way of knowing what type of npc they used to be, so it will default to villager. Once the mod is installed, crewmembers remember what type of npc they used to be and will revert to that if rejected.

4. DraikNova

DraikNova Spaceman Spiff

Thank you for this. This is pretty much perfect for me. Would it be possible to make the retired crew members keep their uniforms, or at least the default protectorate clothing? I mean, I'd imagine that'd be easier than the way this mod currently works, since it'd only require you to look at what sort of crew member they currently are, or alternatively not even do that and just give them the generic protectorate blue.

5. magewish4

Thanks for the feedback!
    Right now the mod looks at the crewember type and chooses a new npctype based on that.They are currently getting the outfit for that npctype. I can change it to grab the crewmember's uniform and use that as an override. I'm working on an update for this mod as part of my spacestations' mod update, so look for an update in the near(ish) future.

6. NaturesWitness

NaturesWitness Scruffy Nerf-Herder

There's a bit of a clash between this and the Nonuniform mod, in that running both at the same time causes crew to lose their starting appearance when they ask to join. Is there any chance you could make this compatible with it? It seems to be just an issue of the recruit NPC files overwriting each other.

7. Tsukistar

Tsukistar Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Is this mod vanilla/multiplayer-friendly, and/or safe to uninstall? I would imagine that it is, but I'd like to make sure before I install this mod.

8. Aluminum Foil

Aluminum Foil Void-Bound Voyager

I love this mod! But, I think it's incompatible with 1.3
    I can't seem to recruit anyone.
    No dialog pops up when I interact with them.

When I remove this mod, NPC recruitment works as normal.
    I've also removed all my other mods that deal with NPC related things, still no result.

I hope this gets fixed soon, I don't like the idea of letting go of my crew and having them disappear into nothingness :c

9. ThePyzu

ThePyzu Void-Bound Voyager

Loved this mod, would like to see it get patched for 1.3

Quinch and Aluminum Foil like this.
  10. DraikNova

DraikNova Spaceman Spiff

Yeah, I'm pretty sure the behaviour system change messed this one up.

11. lemes

lemes Scruffy Nerf-Herder

this guy just dead

12. Zweanslord

Zweanslord Master Chief

DraikNova likes this.
  13. lemes

lemes Scruffy Nerf-Herder

i love you zweanslord

14. AngleWyrm

AngleWyrm Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Problem that comes up with this mod:

From the it's not a bug it's a feature department, NPCs wander off while in the middle of conversation with the player character.

The result is that an open dialog box closes with an 'ESC' order, which is the same thing as declaring that you don't want to hire the NPC, and want them to instead reset to a normal villager/tenant.