1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Kawa's xbawks-mode character creator 3.8.1

T̶w̶e̶n̶t̶y̶ ̶s̶i̶x̵ thirty-six oughta be enough for now.

1. NLights

NLights Subatomic Cosmonaut

Everything from the Unstable was pushed to the Stable in today's update.

2. Werekitty39501

Werekitty39501 Pangalactic Porcupine

Yeah. And all the character extension mods seem to have been cut off, for some reason. So they must have changed the way the character menu is generated.

3. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

You think? Cos I've never seen this happen on my system.

In fact, I took this screenshot literally within the last five minutes, right after today's update.

For the record, all I have are my scratchpad, Felins, Felins Obj+, Starfoundry, and this.

4. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

I did some comparative testing. None of these extenders have been altered in any way. Install, screenshot, remove, repeat.

5. SweFox

SweFox Guest

Both your and Xanders mod are being cut off for me as well. Weird! How can it be fixed if you dont get it o_O.

6. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

I learned from Vuldreg in a private convo that a reinstall may help.

7. SweFox

SweFox Guest

Reinstallation of the game?

8. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

'parently.

9. SweFox

SweFox Guest

I will remove the Win32/assets folder and let it validate, doesn't hurt to try :p.

Did not work.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2014
  10. Werekitty39501

[​IMG]

Uninstalled, deleted the Starbound folder in the Steam Directory, permanently deleted the files in the recycling bin, reinstalled, installed ONLY the Xbox mod, and this is what I got.

11. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Wow. I don't know what causes this, or why, or whatever. All I know is that it's not my fault, nor Xander's, nor Odabutsu's, and that it works fine here.

12. SweFox

SweFox Guest

Well I have no mods that alter the UI in any way. What a shame but it will have to be like this I guess. As long as we have Starcheat we can change races either way.

I did a clean install as Werekitty did and it still bugged, so that rules out it possibly being a mod.

It's either extender mods or the update.

13. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Well at least it worked for one person other than me.

*checks again*

Yup, fully visible.

Enraged Koala - Update 6, Protocol: 642
    Assets: Enraged Koala 20140228, Digest <432576c1>

14. Werekitty39501

I reported it to the bug thread. We'll see what's what.

SweFox likes this.
  15. SweFox

SweFox Guest

http://community.playstarbound.com/...od-now-even-easier.52614/page-12#post-1853490

My point being that the new patch actually brought issues for extended character mods. How it works for you I have no idea. So obviously it's something that needs to be fixed.

Saying its not your or xanders fault is kinda weird. Its no modders fault that an update break their mods.

16. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

My point being that I have no idea either. I haven't had any issues like this until I tested Odabutsu's.

17. hottheadliberty

hottheadliberty Void-Bound Voyager

I'm having the exact same thing happen here too, if you need any info from me to help figure things please let me know what and how to send it to you.

KitsuneMiro and SweFox like this.
  18. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

I need no information because this is not something we mod authors can fix.

19. Qwaar

Qwaar Void-Bound Voyager

Well, guys, I found a fix. Find someone who has a working character extender, and ask them the size of the image.cache if its around half the size of yours, you have the same issue I did. Get their cache and VOILA! No cutoff.

edit: My cache was around 1500 kb, the working one was around 800

Kawa likes this.
  20. SweFox

SweFox Guest

Oh nice :eek:!