1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Kawa's xbawks-mode character creator 3.8.1

T̶w̶e̶n̶t̶y̶ ̶s̶i̶x̵ thirty-six oughta be enough for now.

1. megakruemel

megakruemel Subatomic Cosmonaut

Maybe i should say, that i made a typo with "mod" and "mods"...
    Sssssorry.

Kawa likes this.
  2. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

But why would you delete your entire SB folder? Because if you delete your SB file you still have... what, five others left?

3. naithaan

naithaan Zero Gravity Genie

well, ill delete those too! mWhahahaha :X

4. Akisza

Akisza Space Hobo

Need more information on the page of this mod.
    Where extract the files ?
    Wich files need to extract ?
    Working with wich version ?

5. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Starbound\mods\, as with all mods.
    All of them, as with all mods.
    Furious.

naithaan likes this.
  6. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

7. naithaan

naithaan Zero Gravity Genie

8. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

9. Jardi-Gol

Jardi-Gol Big Damn Hero

Already downloaded.
    Thanks.

10. Bitcoon

Bitcoon Big Damn Hero

Speaking of Xbox, why is your mod named after such an inferior console? We are the PC master race! D:
    (naw but really, what does it have to do with xbox? I never quite understood that reference)

11. dawg911

dawg911 Subatomic Cosmonaut

i got a problem here with the mod, when i click to make a new character, i see all the character slots, but half the window is cut and i dont see the character creation part . whats wrong ?

Attached Files:

12. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Because at the time "it made the character creator as big as an xbox".
    What the fuck. Of all the possible effects, that's the oddest one I never would've expected. I see you're running exactly the same Unstable as I and I just checked, so I'm pretty much stumped. A conflict, perhaps?

13. dawg911

dawg911 Subatomic Cosmonaut

i tried to install the Simple Extended Character Mod instead , and its doing the exact same thing ... guess i can't play with cool races ... i try to uninstall the game and retry , see what it do.. thx for the help

edit: tried deleting everything starbound related from my computer, re-installed strabound, re-installed mods. still doing the same ... no idea what to try next.

edit: ok i can get it to work when not in unstable mode. so i just switch mode for character creation then switch back.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2014
  14. debugman18

debugman18 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Have you considered adding arrows to scroll sideways through the race selection screen? I want to use this, but it just feels ridiculously large. I've looked at it myself, but I'm not sure how to. It seems the menus are significantly more restricted.

15. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Congratulations, you're the Nth person to suggest the impossible! I'm sorry but what you're suggesting can't be done. Trust me, I actually tried not three days ago. The only ones who can make the species selection box scroll (and thus deprecate this mod and all like it and I can't wait for that day) are the Chucklefish devs, as this requires C++ work, not mere JSON.

16. debugman18

Whoa, no need to be hostile. Admittedly I didn't read the discussion thread before I posted.

A lot of the character selection is hard-coded, of course. This doesn't mean that there's isn't a hackish way of doing it. You may be right, it just may not be doable right now.

17. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Oh I'm sorry if that came across as hostile. My intended tone was humored, y'see. Well, I suppose you wouldn't, given that this is a text-based medium. If there was any reason at all for me to come across as hostile on purpose it'd be that this same song and dance can be expected to appear at least three more times. Without exaggerating.

And trust me, I did try the hackish way.

18. debugman18

Yes, text makes it hard to read into things. I dug up this thread:
    http://community.playstarbound.com/...acter-creation-ui-modding.62127/#post-1848513

It seems like the right direction, but there are a number of issues with this. Hopefully we'll get more access to engine-level things in the future. There are a number of things I would like to do, but cannot with the current engine.

I actually would like to make an alternate start that resembles Morrowind's, but I can't, as it stands. Actually, I very well could, but not the way I want to do it.

I digress. I guess we may have to wait for Chucklefish to improve the API (which is not bad).

19. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

That's pretty neat, getting that far. But it really should be the Chucklefish devs' thing to do.

Personally, I find the whole "40 slots and we're still running out" thing to be complete bullshit but I ranted about that before. There's no need to reiterate that here or now.

20. Werekitty39501

Werekitty39501 Pangalactic Porcupine

I'm not playing in unstable, and it's got that same cut-off section.

And it's doing it to all the character creator extension mods. :( It's like they limited the size of the menu in some other way.