1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Kawa's xbawks-mode character creator 3.8.1

T̶w̶e̶n̶t̶y̶ ̶s̶i̶x̵ thirty-six oughta be enough for now.

1. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

@Scival, can we drop the off-topic months-old arguing over which product is better, please?

Xylia likes this.
  2. Scival

Scival Oxygen Tank

Blame the notification system.

3. AngleWyrm

AngleWyrm Scruffy Nerf-Herder

• The automatic updates meme which has reared its ugly head over the past several thread posts does not respect thread topics, thriving primarily as a limpet. So it cannot be directly addressed in its own topic -- a meme survival mechanism.
    • The assertion that the xbawks mod hasn't been nerfed or loaded down with usage fees indicates only that it is still in its growth stage, and so I look forward to future updates.

4. Trollinator316

Trollinator316 Seal Broken

Hi!

I have the same problem as Floof over on the Steam discussion but the thread and video links that he posted do not work anymore.

Thanks!
    Isaac

EDIT: It was Open_Universe causing the problem

Last edited: Dec 12, 2017
  5. Nagi

Nagi Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hello, which mod in your opinion could break layout SO hard? I tried many character extenders, but deleted them all. Could there be any traces of them left?

Attached Files:

6. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Try re-installing xbawks and make sure you do not have any other mods that are race extenders. Also, check your race mods, one of them might have a race extender built-in.

Basically what is happening, is something (another mod) is patching the JSON responsible for telling the game to use a different window graphic (to enlarge the window and make room for more race slots).

7. Nagi

Nagi Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Without character extenders game just shut down with critical error. I don't remember any race mods with built-in extenders.

PS: I identified problem, it is RussianLang.pak fault. There are many JSON errors in log file, telling that patches couldn't be applied to this file.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2017
  8. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

RussianLang replaces Xbawks' window image with a translation of the original. It's a known problem that can't be easily solved on my end.

9. Nagi

Nagi Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Not only your mod, but many, MANY of them has the same problem. And I saw people, who played modded Starbound with russian lang. Don't know, if they solved it.

10. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

11. Ryani7e

Ryani7e Tentacle Wrangler

Hey,
    Is the file uploaded to a different site? The current link is blocked by my network provider.

12. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Your network provider officially sucks. Let's see what happens if I attach a copy to this post.

Attached Files:

13. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Yeah, seriously, some random .org is blocked? Yeesh.

14. Skyfall927

Skyfall927 Void-Bound Voyager

Send help plz! I have no idea what im doing. When I put xbawks and another character race in my mods folder it closes my game. Also when I start the game without character mods the new interface doesn't show.

15. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

@Skyfall927 I'll need to see what's in starbound.log to tell what's wrong. This could be literally anything.

16. Skyfall927

Skyfall927 Void-Bound Voyager

I figured it out It was just operator error. my bad.

Kawa likes this.
  17. Levi7071

Levi7071 Void-Bound Voyager

Need help. My assets are packed and whenever i unpack it, it does some errors. Is there an alternate way to install this mod?

18. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

It'd help if you told me which errors it does.

19. carriontrooper

carriontrooper Existential Complex

Also you don't need to unpack assets to be able to use this mod - Levi7071, did you follow proper mod installation steps?

20. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Sounds like unpacking is their preference, perhaps slower computer or something.