1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Kawa's xbawks-mode character creator 3.8.1

T̶w̶e̶n̶t̶y̶ ̶s̶i̶x̵ thirty-six oughta be enough for now.

1. A Fellow Explorer

A Fellow Explorer Astral Cartographer

You were right. Although I did it the way I said i did, there was another folder in there. moving the items out then deleting the folder solved the problem. Thanks, that was a massive help ^^

2. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

Actually, there should be. Don't click Extract, just drag and drop the folder within the zip file to your mods folder.

3. A Fellow Explorer

read two posts up.

4. Mackinz

I'm happy that you found the issue, but you still need to open a zip file properly without extracting it like you did.

5. A Fellow Explorer

Will do cheif.

6. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Still don't get why people use third-party programs for ZIPs when WinXP+ does it so much easier and better without the accidental folder-in-folder stuff, lol. But then I suppose most people don't know how to dis-associate the .zip extension from their .7z/RAR openers.

And for that matter, I wish everybody just used .zip instead of the nerds who insist on using 7z or RAR.

7. Mackinz

Mine came installed with it, and I don't really care because I know how to use it.

8. A Fellow Explorer

I just right clicked and pressed "extract all". No third party programs here, just plain windows 10. Don't know why I got that folder despite that.

9. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Weird, Win10 must do something different then, because when I open a .zip I get a windows explorer window and there is no extract button, because Windows treats a zip file like it does any normal folder, where all you do is right click what you want, click copy and then go to where you wanna put it and click "paste".

10. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Or select what you want and drag-drop 'em where you put it. Same difference.

11. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

I suppose so. I use lower resolution, so I typically fullscreen everything, including explorer windows lol. Can't drag-and-drop if you only have one window visible at a time, ne? *grins* but yeah, same thing. I'm the old fashioned person who does everything the way we used to do it in the 90s.

12. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Select stuff, drag to target's taskbar icon, wait for window to pop up, drop where you want. Next!

Or worse: drag, hold, Alt-Tab, release :D

13. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Meh, all the fancy-shmancy new ways of doing stuff.... lol.

I'm old fashioned, mmmkay? Copypasta works fine for me.

14. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Pishposh. If you want old fashioned, use the command line.

15. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

I've done that for some things (not moving files around). There's a difference between old-fashioned and caveman-style, lol.

16. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Now that's just insulting. Get out.

17. Wall of Knowledge

Wall of Knowledge Cosmic Narwhal

Any plans to update this for the Nightly version? I'm trying to update my race mod, but XBawks is crashing my game on launch and none of the other character screen extenders seem to be up to date either. :nurusad:

18. Mackinz

I'm hoping Kawa won't mind me sharing this but...

http://helmet.kafuka.org/sbmods/xbawks-38.zip

Wall of Knowledge likes this.
  19. Angel5ds

Angel5ds Void-Bound Voyager

20. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

It works for me.