1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Kawa's xbawks-mode character creator 3.8.1

T̶w̶e̶n̶t̶y̶ ̶s̶i̶x̵ thirty-six oughta be enough for now.

1. Travelmaster

Travelmaster Orbital Explorer

Oh...thank you that really helped...at least a bit. Because now I get an error, when I try to start the game

''Fatal Exception Caught: (StarException) An error occured during
    loading: (NpcException) Error loading npc type
    '/npcs/merchang.npctype'
    Caused by: (JsonException) No such key in Json::get("type")

What does that mean? Do I have to rename a cerain file to get it to work?

Last edited: Sep 6, 2015
  2. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

3. Travelmaster

Travelmaster Orbital Explorer

The only other Mod I have installed is the Race-extender mo, called 'XBawks' . Shall I use another race extender mod?

And will heed that other advice (as best as I can), thank you. ^^

EDIT: Thank you, found the mistake. I obviously used an outdated version of the mod. ^^ Anyhow, thank you for your help.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2015
  4. rjryonnie

rjryonnie Subatomic Cosmonaut

glad giraffe supported?

5. Mackinz

Unless Chucklefish actually changes the character creation window in an update, a character creation extender mod like Kawa's xbawks mode will stay compatible with the game.

6. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

If it broke, I would've fixed it. Even before the Stable update.

7. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Might want to update the front page a bit, to remove that bit about the mod not being updated properly (as that is no longer true apparently), and might want to put something on the front page, that the mod should automatically function with race mods (assuming they were made correctly), as earlier posts in this thread are from older mods, make it sound like one needs to modify config files and such. I know this is clarified in the latter pages of this thread, but it'd be nice to have that info on the front page.

Just a suggestion.

Otherwise, this mod works great, didn't need to modify anything, it picked it up the moment I booted the game up.

8. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

@Xylia: consider it done.

9. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

I'm just letting you all know that the latest nightly includes a thing about survival, but all that does that involves the character creator is change a few lines of text. Still, I've prepared a new version for when this hits unstable.

10. Doomsday18

Doomsday18 Void-Bound Voyager

hey I don't know how to download mods and I see everyone saying that it works! cant you tell me how???

11. Mackinz

Kawa is asleep. To download this, and any mod, click the "Download Now" button. To install the mod, open xbawks-37.zip in WinRAR, 7zip or similar and drag the "xbawks" folder within to your mods folder which is normally found at the following filepath:

\Steam\steamapps\common\Starbound\giraffe_storage\mods\

Do not extract the folder automatically. If the "xbawks" folder ends up within another folder, it will not work.

12. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Win7+ automatically opens zip files like they're a file folder, no extraction tools needed. So if you have Win7+, all one needs to do is...

1). Wait for the .zip to download.
    2). Tell it to open.
    3). Right-Click on the xbawks folder (or .modpak file, I forget which).
    4). Click Copy.
    5). Navigate to the aforementioned "mods" folder.
    6). Right-click.
    7). Click "Paste".

And that's it. You're good to go.

13. Mackinz

Yeah, with 7zip. Mine came with 7zip installed.

14. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Then it must boot 7zip up "invisibly" or something, because it does it right in Windows Explorer without booting up any other programs.

15. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Xylia is right. Windows Explorer itself has had zip support (as "compressed folders") at least since WinXP.

16. A Fellow Explorer

A Fellow Explorer Astral Cartographer

it looks good but I can't seem to get it to work.

17. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

1) if you could post the relevant bits of the log file so I might see why it doesn't seem to work...
    2) if it more or less does work but aiming at a [?] tile crashes the game that's not something I can fix.

18. Mackinz

You probably did not install it correctly. You may have incorrectly extracted the zip file, leading to a file folder within a file folder. Double check how to install mods.

19. A Fellow Explorer

How do I open the log? Anyway, the game works fine, the mod just doesn't have any effect and the default character creation is there.

20. A Fellow Explorer

I just clicked extract then extract all. There was no other way for me to do it.