1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Kawa's Felin Species (v3.3.3)

Discussion in 'Races' started by Kawa, Dec 6, 2013.

1. SpaceKGreen

SpaceKGreen Existential Complex

The Felin mod's already updated to Furious Koala.

newgirlde likes this.
  2. newgirlde

newgirlde Void-Bound Voyager

Wonderful. Mod page still says its for the previous version. But I'm not complaining. ~~<3

3. Letrune

Letrune Title Not Found

I think thinking like a cat helps a few times. :3
    Question if a suggestion could work: it is possible to put other races' buildings into another? Just that way a trading post can be done by another race in a felin settlement?

Kawa likes this.
  4. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

On the technical side, that'd require defining the other species' material and objects in the same list as the Felin dungeon/village, and defining NPCs for those species. Thankfully we already have, say, Apex metals and Avian merchant stands.

5. Letrune

Letrune Title Not Found

Thank you very much for the answer, then it is done better than I'd wished to suggest. :3 Good luck from now on, I'm hoping I can get the game soon to see all your wondrous work in motion.

Kawa likes this.
  6. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Letrune likes this.
  7. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

[​IMG]
    "Critical. Parts still seem to be raw." "You can smell the blood and spices from here." "Deliciousssss."

Letrune likes this.
  8. Letrune

Letrune Title Not Found

Just me, but the ancient may be Assyrian even... Which has a similar robe at you already. :3
    Tier 10 surprises me a bit... It might have been some necklace or hunting trophy even, right? :D

Kawa likes this.
  9. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

It's not a costume. It's a state of mind.

10. Letrune

Letrune Title Not Found

Makes sense, just got into my mind. :3

Kawa likes this.
  11. Zauber Paracelsus

Zauber Paracelsus Pangalactic Porcupine

Are there plans to create Felin Spawners?

EDIT: Never mind, there already are apparently.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2014
  12. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

There are plans to make Felin Guard Spawners craftable though.

13. Sonny The Cheetah

Sonny The Cheetah Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Speaking of the spawners, I can see they exist (I went file diving), but I can't seem to find them in any of the crafting stations.
    And what confused me more was due to not being able to find them, I tried to see if any kind of Item Spawner mods could help, but none did.
    Are they not implemented yet, or ... what?

14. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

I don't know nor care about item spawner mods. Felin spawner's a tier2 metalworking craft that costs 20 steel bars and 750px, as file diving may have told you. The tier2 list also includes a felin guard spawner but that one's missing a recipe. To be entirely honest, I'm not sure if it works at all and will check in a moment.

Edit: confirmed. I hacked up a starmap to quickly unlock tier2, a metalworking station, and the requisite steel and cash. There is now some furry asshat sitting in my cockpit.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 5, 2014
  15. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Coming up in the next release
    [​IMG]

But also

• NPCs that say their own name: "Fifty pixels and ████ goes all the way, sugar.", "████ reporting for duty, Boss!"
    • Craftable friendly guard spawners.
    • That skull'n'crossbones thing I found in the vanilla species, no idea what it's for but I got one now.
    • Matching starting kit -- it's wheat.
    • Split the object description extensions to their own mod. Dear Princess Celestia that's a lot of data. Were it complete, it'd be bigger than the actual Felin object data!
    • Other shit that goes to prove that I should keep better track of these things :D

Question is...
    Should I work on tier weapons and armor some more before release, or just release it all now and release a tier armor update later? Also, I can still merge the object descriptions back in if people insist...

Letrune likes this.
  16. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Also coming up:

[​IMG]
    Custom fireplace + smokestack with real smoke action!

(It actually glows red, but this is a slightly old shot.)

Thanks to Letrune for the idea.

17. Letrune

Letrune Title Not Found

The pictures all look nice. :3

I think you should make a bigger release, with the weaponry and armours in it, myself.

Kawa likes this.
  18. Sonny The Cheetah

Sonny The Cheetah Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Okay! I got it working. I got tripped up because the mod I had unlocked all the recipes (I was unaware it did that), and I didn't realize at the time that it only unlocked the vanilla recipes.
    Sorry if I may have wasted your time.

Kawa likes this.
  19. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

It's all good. Got an opinion on when the next release should be and what should be in it, like I asked above?

20. Zauber Paracelsus

Zauber Paracelsus Pangalactic Porcupine

I favor including some more weapons and armor, even if you just use recolors for each tier as temporary placeholders.

Kawa likes this.