1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Kawa's Felin Species (v3.3.3)

Discussion in 'Races' started by Kawa, Dec 6, 2013.

1. Holgast

Holgast Scruffy Nerf-Herder

It's because signatures are disabled by default, which is super annoying.

2. quinton0227

quinton0227 Pangalactic Porcupine

wooooooo!!!! It works it works it works !!!! now to build the galaxy's largest ball of string! muahahahahahaha!!!

Kawa likes this.
  3. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Bigger'n this?
    [​IMG]

4. quinton0227

I intend to build a planet out of string, and i will grow catnip on it. There, beams of sunshine will land on naturally growing beds of carpet, and the trees will all be scratching posts with platforms on them. There will be only birds, squirrels, and other small fluffy play toys. and the few patches of bare earth available will be almost entirely sand and gravel. The rivers will fill with salmon, and here will be naturally occuring deposits of gooshy food everywhere.

(check out www.twolumps.net for info on gooshy food )

btw, if you were to put in your felin mod the cat homeworld like this, that would be beyond epic :rofl:

5. SpaceKGreen

SpaceKGreen Existential Complex

Hmm. I have an idea for a suggestion. New blocks, for adding a bit of extra customization to Felin housing. Specifically, Felin wall tiles and Felin carpeting. The wall tiles could be customized Shoji tiles or outright wallpaper, with faint pawprints, and carpeting because what cat doesn't like soft surfaces?

Plus with the variant block system, some wall tiles/carpet blocks could show up with claw marks for added Felin flavor. Carpet blocks could also stand in for scratching posts.

6. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Brilliant, and I happen to have dabbled with materials just recently.

Update: first attempt at carpet material.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 9, 2014
    The Enlightened Grue and Holgast like this.
  7. quinton0227

I have a suggestion! that being replace to current status pods with a green leafy plant, known as catnip. From my observations catnip causes cats to do such things as: fall over, run about the place like they are on fire, walk sideways, leap randomly into the air, rub pretty much every part of their body on the catnip'd surface, become stoned, and many many more. Does this sound like the effect status pods have on players in starbound? It sure does to me!

Or just as an off the wall thought, perhaps catnip could be a plant that could be grown. Eating it would give the player a buff causing a completely random effect each time it is consumed. (no stacking, consuming more than one piece of catnip would cause the previous effect to be replaced)

Kawa likes this.
  8. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Replace the stasis pods? I'd rather attempt the alternative.

But first, more semi-automated object inspection expansions! I'm almost through the Apex object set~

9. SpaceKGreen

I'm not sure if you can code random effects into food items at the moment.

However, catnip as a growable crop for Felins... yeah, I can see that. Possibly an ingredient in higher-tier Felin recipes?

...I am now imagining a bunch of Felins getting baked. Hilarity ensues.

For Felins, ALL brownies are special brownies!

Carpet material is awesome.

Semi-automated? I have an idea for a race of my own in the distant future, and all sorts of item descriptions for vanilla items, and if there's something to make that a bit easier...

10. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Talked me into it.
    It's basically a small C# program that, if the data file does not exist, makes one with all the .object files in /assets. If it does, it'll generate .object files in /assets/felins, with one line each -- { "__merge" : [], "felinDescription" : "Not to be confused for that one thing that goes 'doink'." } for example -- based on the stuff after the tab. Undefined lines are skipped. So far, I have all the Apex objects, hylotlwaterfeature1, and bunkerheater1.

A NEW RELEASE IS COMING FAST

11. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

And the new release is there. Felins 2.8.
    Enjoy~

12. Tyty

Tyty Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hm, curious. Since you've gotten one working, do tiles/materials index automatically like races do? Last time I tried to add one I ran into indexing issues.

13. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

They don't, as far as I know. Why? Is 9001 already taken?

14. Tyty

Tyty Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Not that I'm aware of. It's just that it may be something to talk to the devs about, to maintain compatability between mods. Minecraft had this huge problem with block IDs that they just managed to fix last update.

Of course, if it's done dynamically like races there's the problem of maintaining a load order then.

15. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

It's not, AFAIK, but it is allowed to be non-consecutive, unlike pre-anger species: you don't need 9000 materials to use #9001.

16. Mechrior

Mechrior Scruffy Nerf-Herder

have just installed and taking the matter manipulator out of the ship locker does NOT complete the quest "fresh Meat"

please help!

other mods installed are: drills+, Quake2Mod, Starbound Easymode,xbox, yourcrewmod

17. Shouen Rakukojin

Shouen Rakukojin Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Same issue, tested with only this mod and the Xbawks Character Creator installed.

18. quinton0227

you mentioned in this latest update that you put a katar weapon in the game, why not have a recipe, or just put them in the ship locker, for claws? I assume they would be a low damage, close range weapon, but being able to slash opponents would be epic! Let the cat fight commence!

19. SpaceKGreen

Considering what the Felin tier 10 "armor" is, maybe claws could be the tier 10 "dagger".

20. medikohl

medikohl Void-Bound Voyager

Giant paper bag like tent?