RELEASED Karmylla's Mods - Immersive Maps, Spouse Rooms, Farm Cave, Cellar

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Karmylla, Dec 8, 2016.

1. Karmylla

Karmylla Space Kumquat

Ok, ahahahah, just to inform everyone, this is going to take LONGER than I previously thought, because I'm getting inspired, ahahahah xD
    I really hope you guys like what I'm doing, if not, I can always just make a file that adds tiffy's edit to mine. But I really hope you like :3
    Just to give you an idea, I'm adding three new areas to the map, but I might as well do even more, ahahahah, we'll see :p

• Karmylla

Karmylla Space Kumquat

Hey everyone!
      So, I got a Town map done which adds a park, very much like we've seen in the "Joja ruins Be gone!" mod, and two other areas, as well as an improved water fountain park!
      I've also added more lights to the Town, which looked a little too dark during the night, in my opinion, and trees (that you can't cut down!).
      BUT! I need someone to test the map for me, because I don't have any save file at the moment, and we need to know if it conflicts with any of the NPC's routine!
      If anyone is interested, please PM me! The first one to reach me with this, will get to see what I've been working on before anyone else! And you also get to tell me what you think of the map, what you would like to see added or removed, etc.!
      Of course this map uses the same tilesheet used in my mod!
      Thanks for the help, guys!

Edit: Now that I think about it, the more people who play test this map the better! So I've added the map for download in this post. Like I've said, this is using the mod's tilesheets, and it's not a final version, so what's included might get edited later on! Just add the file to your Maps folder, in the game's Content or using XnbL Loader!
      Don't forget, to use this you need to have Joja in RUINS!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 13, 2017
      • ftninja

ftninja Space Spelunker

Hi there. Great work on the mods!

@Karmylla I have a question about your farm cave mod that I found on the Nexus...

I downloaded the slime version of that cave and was curious - it says to place the mine_slime.xnb into the content folder, which I've done...does this make that cave a slime cave and no longer an option for Fruit Bats and Mushrooms?

Edit: sorry if this has been answered before, I only skimmed through a page on this thread before asking my question

• Karmylla

Karmylla Space Kumquat

Hey, thanks for stopping by!
          Like you've probably already checked on previous comments, you need to place the mine_slime.xnb in the content folder so you can get the green looks! It still works for the fruit bats and the mushrooms cave, but it's best for the bats because the mushrooms boxes are not going to be centred, since I've enlarged the cave! It will still work, but it won't look as nice, in my opinion x)

ftninja likes this.
          • ftninja

ftninja Space Spelunker

Thank you!

• Karmylla

Karmylla Space Kumquat

@Flumme @Sugar-Fable @Shellark @HopeWasHere and everyone who is play testing the map, anything to report? Does it work well with the NPC's? And, do you like how it looks?
              I've already changed some minor things that were added by mistake, but nothing too different from what you guys have downloaded.
              I would just like to know what you think before I release this to the world :whoop:

• Flumme

Flumme Subatomic Cosmonaut

Sorry my children drives me crazy this days. :( I could not test the mod right now. Sorry so mutch ... :(

Karmylla likes this.
                • HopeWasHere

HopeWasHere Existential Complex

I haven't had a chance to test either, unfortunately. But I hope to be able to soon! :)

Karmylla likes this.
                  • Flumme

- I'm there where the JoJo market was (?) ... there is a little park upstairs? But I can't reach the stairs to the little park cause there are two bushes in front of the stairway.
                    - Park is nice but what are this little thinks on the tables there? Are this fir cone on the tables?
                    - One bench (bench back goes to the east cliffs) can't be reached cause of a bush.

- Trailer looks great
                    - Don't like this pinks / beige scarf at Alex's house ... looks a bit strange.
                    -There is a table with benches in front of the museum. I have there a bush a bit on the table.
                    - North-East and South-East of the Sewer entrance is very horse unfriendly. :(
                    - Fountain is beautiful.

Something else I could look for?

Last edited: Sep 16, 2017
                    • Karmylla

Karmylla Space Kumquat

Oh yes, I forgot to tell you taht you need to type ef_bushreset in the console (you need Entoarox Framework installed!), so you can get the new bushes!
                      And, what do you mean with pinks / beige scarf at Alex's house? Can you show me a pic, please?

• Flumme

I have Ento's framework .... what console? help ....never hear about a console ... wahhhhhh

made a pic ... don't know if it is from your mod ;)

Attached Files:

• Karmylla

Karmylla Space Kumquat

When you start the game with SMAPI, you get a console before the game opens, right?
                          When you install Entoarox Framework, you can write codes into the console, and one of them is ef_bushreset, which resets all the bushes in the game! When you type and enter the code into the console, you will get a red text saying ERROR, but it's ok, it works nonetheless!
                          You can get Entoarox Framework here, it's very easy to intall, just place the folder inside your Mods folder!
                          example.png

Flumme likes this.
                          • Karmylla

Karmylla Space Kumquat

Oh, that pink thing in his house is already in the game! Nothing I changed, and no mods are involved, it's just the theme of the house during Summer :)

Flumme likes this.
                            • Flumme

1.) Could you take this console stuff out of your mod? Or make it easier? I can learn it, I will do it. But there are users whitch are just happy that your mod is so easy to install. Just replace a file and it works.

I have to do this console command every time I start the game or just the first time / one time?

EDIT: Console command works :)

----------------

2.) Next question: I can install this only AFTER the JoJo market story, right?

----------------

3.) Just an idea: I would love TWO option of your file - one file with the little pond over the park. And one version where the little pond is "hot" and you can take a bath in it.

Sorry I'm a very severe tester ..... SORRY! I still love oyu mod and I will use it. It's a wonderful mod. :cathug:

PS: If you are in the discord chat - I'm Rappeldrache there. :)

Last edited: Sep 17, 2017
                              • Shellark

Shellark Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Reporting in on the new town map! I haven't tested it much yet, so I don't know how it's working with the NPC schedules, but it looks absolutely lovely~! :DD

Karmylla likes this.
                                • Karmylla

Karmylla Space Kumquat

1) This little step with the console is needed, because since I've added new areas, the busses need to be removed and this is the only way to do it!
                                  You only need to type this code into the console once, but you can't forget to save your game! Or else, you'll have to type it again :p

2) Yes, yes, you can only add this version if you've chosen to save the Community Center and remove Joja from the Valley!

3) I could make a second version with a hot spring, but I think I've already seen someone else do something like that. And I honestly don't feel like it makes much sense for it to be there, really. But I'll think about it :)

Flumme likes this.
                                  • Artus Azimov

Artus Azimov Void-Bound Voyager

Hey ! :DD
                                    God, already done ? It's amazing how fast you did it, I tought it would take you much longer. And it sounds so promising. :D
                                    Thank you so much for all your work. I'm sorry I didn't react sooner but I was on a vacation and I came back yesterday (and my pc died with all my game saves ! :cry:).
                                    I haven't tested it yet, but I will find a save online to be able to test your new town map on my father's computer ! :3
                                    Thank you thank you thank you !

Karmylla likes this.
                                    • Flumme

• Alouette

Alouette Lucky Number 13

"I am posting these edits ON THIS FORUM ONLY, if you find them anywhere else, please tell me"
                                      And then immediately after:
                                      "These Mods have been added to NexusMods.com!"
                                      I dunno why that just made me giggle like a child.

Artus Azimov likes this.
                                      • Karmylla

Karmylla Space Kumquat

I have contacted the mod creator, let's hope they respond so I can use their tilesheet and add the hot spring :)

Ahahahah, I should take care of that, thanks for noticing xD

Flumme likes this.