Modding Discussion Kantai Collection -KanColle- Mod

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by EdwardEagle, Jun 5, 2015.

?

What is the next model you want to see?

Poll closed Jul 12, 2015.
  1. Ryuujou

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. Kako

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. Kaga

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  4. Fubuki

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  5. Nagato

2 vote(s)
    50.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

Soo... You are stopping work on a starbound mod because a completely different game, or whatever it is, has decided to add in American ships?

Not that I have any interest in this mod. Personified battle ships sounds silly to me, however the reason you are halting the mod seems silly in itself too.

But I guess it is entirely up to you, as you are not obligated to do modding.

2. Sayo Harugawa

Sayo Harugawa Subatomic Cosmonaut

Silly\not silly, so stupid about idea add US ships in Kantai Collection...its not historicaly, because enemys from kancolle mimic the US ships...i dunno, what think author about that...but is so silly...

3. lucario515

lucario515 Phantasmal Quasar

Something to note is that, while this game is using WWII as a basis for the events, battles, areas, and characters, the overall idea behind it has no real relation to WWII itself. According to the official anime and some other 4koma/fanmade works, it technically takes place in the modern world and the characters, including the abyssals, are reborn ships from the past. So if that is the case, would it not make sense that, to fight the threat of evil demon ships, assistance from overseas kanmusu could be needed?

But it saddens me to know that this decision has made you stop work on this mod. After all the work you put into it, it really is disheartening.

4. lazarus78

Could you not just ignore the parts you don't like? Why does whatever that game does have any betting to what you are doing for this mod?

It is akin to someone adding cheese to your favorite dish, but you dn t like cheese, so you boycott all dishes with cheese. Metaphorically speaking.

5. Sayo Harugawa

Yes, i can ignore about that, BUT! Did I mention that there are people (optional) that will require the introduction of American ships in the mod ...

6. Sayo Harugawa

Even if it does not belong to history, I still think, and remember that the United States did with the Japanese. Given the fact that I'm from Russia, I am most concerned about is why the fate and life of the country, "Rising Sun" ...

7. lazarus78

Are you modding for you or for others? If somone want's things you don't want to make, then tough for them.

Are you talking about what the US actually did to Japan? You do realize that was 75 years ago, and there was a war going on, right?

What does this have to do with making a mod for Starbound? I am getting the feeling you harbor actual hatred of the US over this...

8. Sayo Harugawa

Maybe hatred or maybe not. Even if I have some aggression to the US, only to their government, and not to the people. People do not and the reason lies in the managers themselves. There is a Japanese proverb, "There are no bad soldiers, generals, there are bad", but not the essence...well...I still think about the termination of the work with the mod. We will not raise the debate last time, because I have information about what happened then and what is now the consequences. You do not want to have problems with the moderators of the forum? I think not, as I do as well. Forget about it. As I said, I still think about his decision, but in any case, we now have yet creative crisis.

9. lazarus78

That Proverb is incorrect. There are bad soldiers. Some people have joined the military so they had a license to kill others. And there are plenty of good generals. Without good generals, battles would be lost, and the world would be a very different place.

Every government has their flaws. Even Russia. Its just with such a large media machine, the flaws of the US government are much more apparent. There is less fear of backlash unlike some other countries.

But anyhoo, I digress. Like I said before, it is entirely your decision to continue work or not. I just found your reasoning to be a bit... short sighted?

10. Xary

Xary Big Damn Hero

What I don't get is the following:

A Kancolle mod doesn't HAVE to be about the player obtainable shipgirls in the browser game as a point of focus, what about the abyssals themselves ?
    Take a look at the "Shincolle" mod for minecraft.

The only Kancolle mod whose devellopement didn't die within the first few hours of its infancy that I actually know of...

What I think should satisfy all parties here is going with the same idea and make Japanese/german/italian/etc shipgirls as ennemy spawns that would rarely drop their own spawner should you defeat them and get lucky

Make Abyssals as recruitable NPCs/villagers through craft stations requiring a set amount of ressources in order to enable certain tiers of ships and crafting times, with the coming updates to the social/village building elements to expand how you can upgrade your own ship in starbound it would be a perfect fit, I can already picture a flying shipyard in space populated with a bunch of abyssals, all of this ruled by a fluffy space raptor in power armor, it'd be a glorious mess !

But then again it feels to me as though you were playing Kancolle not for the game itself but for its theme, if all it took to kill your interest in kantai collection was the addition of american ships, then clearly you played the game for the wrong reasons to begin with and perhaps its best you don't follow through with making the mod...

Ah well...
    Maybe the guy making the Ningen race mod might be able to pick up the idea and do something with it...
    Then again I don't even know if he'd be interrested at all in doing it...
    welp guess I ain't seeing a kancolle mod for a long time after all...

Sorry if this all sounds agressive or whatever, but all of this is my honest thoughts on the matter, I'm a no-non-sense kinda guy, if I speak up just to lie about things then what's the point in speaking in the first place ?

Last edited: Feb 13, 2016
    Hatsya Souji likes this.
  11. Machy

Machy Space Spelunker