1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Kangaru Race v0.5A

Kangaruus are abound!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Taphy

Taphy Scruffy Nerf-Herder

thank you :D

2. Cameroo

Cameroo Void-Bound Voyager

Hey Espi! Glad to see you're still working on the mod! I'm really excited to play with it here. :3

3. shirowildwolf

shirowildwolf Phantasmal Quasar

Got a temporary update to make the race work again. This is not an official update nor do I take credit for anything other than getting it working again for the moment. Hopefully this will tide you guys over until an actual update is released. ^^

Shiro Kangaru Fix

espilonarge and Cameroo like this.
  4. Cameroo

Cameroo Void-Bound Voyager

Seems to work well! You'll need a race selection mod though in order to use it from the looks of it. Thanks for the temp fix here. :0)

5. espilonarge

espilonarge Big Damn Hero

Thanks for uploading a temporary version until I get the rest of the mod content fixed. I still have a handful of things I need to work on before it's ready for use. :)

6. shirowildwolf

No problem guys. For a custom race selection mod, I recommend this.

http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?resources/small-extended-race-selection.2492/

If you wanted to post it as a new version until you can update it more, you are welcome to. It's your content afterall. More people will probably see it on the main page.

I just feel bad. I've update like 4 race mods now to work. So many people without their custom races because the update took forever. Glad I can at least help a little.

Cameroo likes this.
  7. espilonarge

I'm still having issues trying to get one problem out of the road.

Right now the Starbound engine isn't cooperating with how the dungeon file is setup. The entrances are refusing to spawn correctly. I've set "chance" to 0, 1 and even 0.1 but nothing I've tried is "forcing" them to spawn (and I'm not getting much help from the ##starbound-modding channel about it). This essentially leads to "broken" layouts (it "randomly" places a part but can be "blocked" by terrain meaning you're forced to dig to get inside.)

If there is a command that could make sure that both the left and right entrances were forced to "always" spawn, I would love to know about it otherwise the city is going to keep ending up broken.

8. shirowildwolf

I'm honestly not sure. I ended up removing the dungeon folder just to get it working for now. I haven't figured out how the dungeon file works yet. Hopefully you figure it out, but at least the race itself is working for now. >.>

9. espilonarge

espilonarge updated Kangaru Race with a new update entry:

Kangaru Race v0.4C for Upbeat Giraffe

Read the rest of this update entry...

10. shirowildwolf

Uncle Kage! Woot! Thanks for the update hun. I'll download it tonight and try it out.

11. espilonarge

If you downloaded version 4C, please redownload and drop the new version in (delete the original first or it might cause conflicts). Fixes/changes a number of things I forgot to work over (including the "tier" system having been altered since the stable build update).

12. espilonarge

UPDATE - Tiered armors have been fixed in regards to outpost quests requiring "tags" for specified armor types (steel, durasteel, etc).

13. Jack_Stripes

Jack_Stripes Void-Bound Voyager

Finally, a Kangarace for all my Kanganeeds c:

14. Nelbium

Nelbium Aquatic Astronaut

I downloaded the mod earlier today and noticed I couldn't get it installed since it was a modpak file. I couldn't get the thing extracted. Went to check out the forums just now and noticed the file is down. Is it down because this is getting fixed?

15. SleepySquidd

SleepySquidd Tragically Magic Hands

Make a folder called Kangaru and drop the .modpak into it.

A modpak file is essentially a compressed version.

espilonarge likes this.
  16. espilonarge

I managed to get the cinematic to work however, there is nothing I can currently do about the "overlapping" issue regarding Starbounds title theme playing during the cinematic (and washing out all other sound while at it). It seems there wasn't a command added to any of the cinematic assets in the game that specifies a muting function otherwise I would have used it by now.

17. shirowildwolf

It's a common problem. Other mods have had issues with this as well. Sad that it isn't something starbound does automatically. Maybe in time though. It is still beta!

18. espilonarge

Uploaded a new version of 4C which fixes the "material" error related to the tinroof tiles as well as a new 48 slot storage locker recipe.

19. Nelbium

Nelbium Aquatic Astronaut

Thank you for the reply and also your mod for extra race selection. I used an out of date mod for the extra races which is why it wouldn't run.
    Thanks a bunch FlyingAnonymoose and espilonarge. You guys are the best. :)

SleepySquidd likes this.
  20. GoldenstarArtist

GoldenstarArtist Cosmic Narwhal

Has anyone ever found a Kangaru village? I've been looking around for awhile but havn't seen any.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.