1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Kangaru Race v0.5A

Kangaruus are abound!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. espilonarge

espilonarge Big Damn Hero

Last edited: Dec 13, 2013
    Muskie, Ebon_Wolf and robflop like this.
  2. robflop

robflop Subatomic Cosmonaut

Gonna try it later.

espilonarge likes this.
  3. Dexasol

Dexasol Void-Bound Voyager

I can't seem to download it D:

4. espilonarge

5. tragicsz

tragicsz Industrial Terraformer

Not my cup of tea but it looks like you put a considerable amount of effort in it.

Good work!

espilonarge likes this.
  6. VIcariousViking

VIcariousViking Void-Bound Voyager

"This attachment cannot be shown at this time. Please try back later."

Why is this happening for every mod I try to download?

7. espilonarge

It's most likely their download system being disabled to keep the servers stable. I've uploaded it to the Starbound Nexus so there's that option. :)

http://www.nexusmods.com/starbound/mods/107/?

8. VIcariousViking

9. riloussa

riloussa Void-Bound Voyager

After a multitude of races were sent off dying earth, in Ark like spaceships, but due to a multitude of animalborne diseases, all humans onboard died. Due to the lack of humans, the ships were left floating in space, to be found by multitudes of races. The Australia Ark Crashed on an Apex laboratory, their multitudes of chemicals eventually mutating the Kangaruus into what they are now. The Kangaruus are a very primitive race, but due to their upstart with leftover human and apex tech, they are crawling upward in the technical stance. The Kangaruus eventually found their ships fuel source, buried deep into the planet. Australium. Australium technology helped get the Kangeruus into space. Now what else will they do?

10. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

Seajun_ likes this.
  11. VIcariousViking

Jonesy likes this.
  12. Jonesy

Hadn't thought of that. I'll see if he wants to combine forces. I'm not really worried about stepping on each others toes if I do end up making my own mod, though. We've both got vastly different ideas for appearance and lore, so they're both unique (despite both being based on kangaroos).

VIcariousViking likes this.
  13. VIcariousViking

Hrmm I'll be honest I haven't read much of the lore of either. But if they're physically different enough and lore-wise different enough then having 2 isn't such a bad idea. You could try to work out some combined lore where you guys are locked in an ongoing war to be the dominant kangaroo species. Also, increased jump height and reduced fall damage sound be a thing. Only slightly. I'd like to see races have little perks that set them apart.

Jonesy likes this.
  14. Jonesy

I don't know about a kangaroo war. Sounds a bit silly. As for armor bonuses, I think Apex armor will already increase jump height. Reducing fall damage could be a thing.

15. espilonarge

16. dztheflea

dztheflea Poptop Tamer

makes me think of the movie tankgirl, call the race rippers instead!!
    [​IMG]

Seajun_ likes this.
  17. espilonarge

Hey now, I don't want to jump on the Ripper bandwagon. Besides, nothings worse then receiving a random "cease & desist" all because they're owned by someone else. :p

On another note, the Kangaru race has been updated to v0.2, now with proper hair. Female hair will be done in v0.3. :)

I've also been tweaking the shading on some of the sprites so they should look more tidy. Still a lot more on the way! :D

18. FishieFishMan

FishieFishMan Orbital Explorer

This is the only mod I have installed, beside one that changes your warp color(Which doesn't go in the Mods folder), and when I open up Starbound, it gets stuck on the loading screen. Help?

19. espilonarge

Go to your Starbound directory and check the starbound.log, it should state an "error" of some sort. Most Loading hangs are caused by an incorrect config file caused by a mod (eg = typo of the race name in a config file). Could you copy/paste the error in to a "code box" (icon marked with <> when replying) or put it in to a pastebin log?

Another note, I decided to test some of the female hair I've currently done and made a spoof. Leeloo Dallas Multipass! :D

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 14, 2013
    Kawa likes this.
  20. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

That's hot hot hot HOT!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.