Modding Discussion Kaiser Leospike (NPC Mod In Progress)

Discussion in 'Mods' started by burningleos, Mar 7, 2016.

1. burningleos

burningleos Cosmic Narwhal

Hey Guys I am Burningleos, and today, i introduce you Kaiser Leospike, my upcoming indie game character now in Stardew Valley as a random guest NPC

Concept Sheet (Non Colored)
    [​IMG]

Portraits/Expressions
    [​IMG]

As this is a work in Progress Mod, I haven't made any early variants of the NPC sprites or Pixelized Portraits, so ill give you his personality and background

Kaiser is your average dude who plays video games, and watches anime, he really doesn't go outside a whole lot, You'll often see him roaming pelican town and/or traveling the Forest Areas in the Afternoon to Evening, He is a rather troublemaker as he tends to run infront of females and either trying to hit on them, or just trying to get a hold of some panties from time to time, He Really doesn't tend to hang out with alot of people due to him being new and is considered an outsider to most of the pelican town residents, but if you happen to give him gifts, he might be a little open for friendship. His Birthday is Autumn 4th

Dislikes:
    Veggie Crops, Insect Guts, and Trash

Candy, Weapons, Artifacts, Woman's Undergarments

Favorites:
    Ice Cream Cones, Mashed Potatoes
    ----------------------------------------

Questions and Answers
    Q: Who is he?
    A: As he is a modded NPC, He doesn't have anything related to anything in pelican town, and as well, He is a spikian, My "Indie Game's" fictional race of people

Q: Why did you decide to bring him into SDV?
    A: For a few things, mostly to "self promote" my indie game and have a minor background for showing how my character works, and by that, I want people see about his personality and character development, SDV is a possible candidate to show his evolving personality in a rather casual world

Q: Anthro people... great!, and i thought starbound was known for that
    A: first, It doesn't really matter if he is a "human" i mean, we have a freaking gnome in SDV somewhere, and besides, I want to give SDV some more fictional feel than realistic feel for a casual game, I know that its suppose to be a bit realistic, but out of all seriousness, does realism have to include slimes, wizards, and these digglet things?, So yes, I understand where your getting this, but, this mod really isn't for everyone i understand that

Q; When do you have the chance to "introduce yourself" to him?
    A: Well what i was planning is having a scripted cutscene of Kaiser talking to the General Store owner about his daughter, Abigail, and to see by any chance for grabbing a pair of her panties, The general store owner just shoos him off for being a bit disruptful in a rather public place, along the way, Kaiser bumps into your character, he introduces himself, and wonders off to whatever his house is, but because the API is still a prototype, For early versions of this mod, he will just be wondering about in pelican town

Q: What game did he originate?, and how did he get into SDV by lorewise
    A: Kaiser Leospike belongs to my own indie game that is currently in development, so basically, this is his first appearance in a game even before his own came out, but by lorewise, Kaiser decides to take a casual stroll through a seemingly quiet forest, and happens to lead himself to Stardew Valley, Having no place to stay, He decides to stay in Stardew Valley until his "Time to shine" comes in, so for now, He wonders across the valley, Talking to its residents, and possibly raiding panties for his own entertainment

• burningleos

Oh I forgot to say one thing as well, Because SDV has a rather early API compatability, Im placing this mod under a large development team, if i had one... but for now, This is a Mod Discussion page, so yes, feel free to discuss your mod ideas about my NPC, like, if he is a candidate for marriage, which i will tell not yet, Since i haven't really thought of him marrying someone in SDV

• burningleos

Alright, This is just a random bump, Just wanna let people know about this upcoming mod

• dimasep0

dimasep0 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Nice to see a new development plan, I don't think new character implementation is possible right now but with the current rate of development we can only see and hope the best. I think it's great and your concept arts of Kaiser are good, but from what I can see and correct me if I'm wrong, you use digital art to do those concept, right? I suggest doing it on papers first and maybe ask for artists help 'cause it's still need some improvement. Can't wait to see how this one developed though! Keep up!

burningleos likes this.
          • burningleos

Thanks for your compliment, and about the digital art, I did draw it and then I did it digitally, but yea, the only thing I need is a pixel artist, so it's gonna take some time

• burningleos